Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 post single phase lift

Options
  • 03-09-2004 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Any one know where I could get one of these cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

An ad. in buy and sell maybe?

Can't see you getting one for under €2k though and they are big beasties so storage/transport stuff might be an issue.

You sure you need to lift the whole vehicle? Maybe an inspection pit? .. and I could lend you an engine hoist if that works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

no 2 post lift needed.
    plenty of cheap 3 phase ones on ebay.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

You could of course get a 3ph one, and buy a converter to power it from your 1ph supply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

We are talking about one of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

@ merrion - yes

@borzoi - is that possible? how much would a 1 phase to 3 phase convertor cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Mailman wrote:
    @borzoi - is that possible? how much would a 1 phase to 3 phase convertor cost?

It's not always possible as the output from the converter isn't real 3ph, but a simulation. But I'd imagine in yuor case it's only required for a dirty big pump to drive the hydraulics so it should be.

Cost wise? It's a piece of string, what sort of amps does the lift draw?

Advertisement