Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Browser loosing .ie connectivity

Options
  • 03-09-2004 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Morning,
    I'm having a problem with my NTL Broadband connection that is confusing me greatly. If I visit www.nightcourses.com www.daycourses.com or www.irishjobs.ie, I frequently loose the ability to surf to these and other sites in the .ie domain. To clarify; www.nightcourses.com might initially appear, but during a subsequent refresh (which it does itself ) it stalls, after which I can't access any of the above sites.

It gets weirder. This happens regardless of the browser. Once its down for one browser, its down for them all. Firefox, Opera and IE exhibit the same results.

I can still tracert to the site which to me implies that the computer can still get to it, but the browser simply times out.

Non-ie domains are not affected. Once the hang has happened, it appears limited to domains only within ireland. Going elsewhere is not affected in any way.

I'm completely stumped as to the how and why of this. Any ideas?

Ta,

N.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

Have you run a check for spyware with spybot and adaware?

Advertisement