Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade to 5140 or 6230 ?

Options
  • 03-09-2004 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm going to upgrade during the next month or so, ive been a vodafone pay monthly customer for the last 2 years or so and haven't upgraded my mobile in that time. I've been looking at some of the new phones and have decided to upgrade to either a nokia 5140 or a 6230. My current phone is a 5210.
    Can some of yous out there tell me which would be better and if possible the approx. upgrade price of each !? Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Just go for the 6230 no matter what the cost....you will not be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if you wanted to keep the durable / robust design then the 5140 would be more appropriate, it also has some extra features if you are an outdoors/fitness type with special accessories available for it - if you want to move to a high end more professional / multimedia oriented mobile then the 6230 would offer that...

you can compare their specs side by side on the Nokia site:
    5140 vs. 6230

Vodafone don't currently have the 5140 listed on their site, you can get a listing of what is on offer with a guide price quoted (including the 6230):
    Pay Monthly Mobile Phone Range

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Is there a standard colour that the 6230 is being sold in, white or graphite ?
    Do you have a choice when buying it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 spontits

if i were u... u shud think about looking at other phone makes.. there are a lot more ohones on the market that provide better feathures than some of the nokias, the picture quality on the nokia phones is of the lowest standard of most of the picture phones on the market now. they are expensive for what they do. dont rush into buying anokia just cause its a nokia and ur used to its style, branch out research the others, u'll be surprised at whats on offer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Delboy5 wrote:
    Is there a standard colour that the 6230 is being sold in, white or graphite ?
    Do you have a choice when buying it ?

only seen the graphite one on display / in brochure... but you can call your local Vodafone outlet:
    Locate a Vodafone agent

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement