Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fees

Options
  • 03-09-2004 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hey all,

I just got the bank giro in the mail to pay the 805 euro Registration fee into college. Only thing is I'm also applying for the local authority grant.

I've been told that the grant (if successfull) gets paid in stages, the first being in October. Would there be any chance of getting out of paying this 805, even until I get the grant?

It said something in the Info Booklet for Maynooth about ppl recieving the grant only pay the 55 euro Student fee or something like that. the other 700 or so euro is left off.

I'm confident I will get the local authority grant. I just kind of need it now to pay for that reistration fee. Any ideas regarding fees and getting the local authority grant?

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Well u dont need to have the money on registration...and u should know if you have the grant soon enough. The last week in october is "Late Registration"...so if you dont get the grant, you should have time to sort something out! Although you wont get your student ID untill you've registered properly

What are you doin in maynooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

I'm doing Arts. Hopefuly German, History and maybe Greek and Roman Civilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

The grant is paid in stages, but the amount you paid for registration should also be refunded on top of your grant. Registration is €750(for me in WIT anyway), and this would be the amount refunded.

Also, some local councils are useless at administering the grant (allegadley), so late October may mean early November (see previous bracket)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you pay the registration now, you'll get it all back if you get the grant. And I know people who didnt get the first instalment of their grant until January last year.

Advertisement