Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payday Monday Side bets

Options
  • 03-09-2004 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

Right, same as last month. I'll challenge Iago to the same bet. If I go out before him I'll keep my sig the way it is. I'll also put a tenner on finishing ahead of DeVore.

foxbringiton.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

what an odd picture of david duchovny.

Mr Juan Pablo, this month, I'll be in flavour country.
    A twenny-box to the victor.

Marq

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's from my favourite episode of the X-files where a monster is enforcing residences to have their houses non-whitetrash like. He goes outside, plants the pink flamingo and says that line. Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

so if I go out before you Amp I don't change anything? Afer all you'll only be drawing level with me :D

I'm happy enough to have a tenner with anyone who fancies their chances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Marq my man you would have had a deal. But my bowling league starts back up this monday so I wont be able to make it. However, if you can outlast Oscar, I will gladly pay up, however, if my fellow Omaha junkie outlasts you, then flavour country shall be mine. Boshman, i presume this finds favour with yourself? :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Amp. Bring it on.

JP. I want a fiver of my 150 back.

Iago. Your luck has to run out sometime.

Oh and LaFartezza, cos you know, sometimes I can resist the easy money.

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    Amp. Bring it on.

JP. I want a fiver of my 150 back.

Iago. Your luck has to run out sometime.

Oh and LaFartezza, cos you know, sometimes I can resist the easy money.

DeV.

nice one, more easy money :D

I'm agreeable to the wager Senór Pablo. Haven't seen your erstwhile colleague at the tables much over the last couple of weeks, so here's hoping young Oscar's out of practice (still don't want him at my table though;))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    Oh and Lafortezza, cos you know, sometimes I can resist the easy money.
    DeV.
    I won't be playing on monday night as I have work that night, but I should be in to tell everybody that they have absolutely none of that, and that each and every one of you are the worst poker player I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Iago wrote:
    so if I go out before you Amp I don't change anything? Afer all you'll only be drawing level with me :D

As with every hand of poker, every new tournament is a reset. What's the matter boy, haven't got the stones?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Your bet was for one month Iago, yer month is up on Monday!

DeV.

• Advertisement

it's a fair cop! I do of course accept all challenges thrown my way...

[size=-12]...although challenges is a very strong word for the actual task at hand, in a way I feel guilty for taking advantage :D[/size]

me......humble pie............eating.........

bad luck and bad play, mumble..bad beat....grumble..fnucking fix....etc etc

So to whom do I owe/ am to collect ciggies/monies from?

The smokes are yours: me only winning one set of blinds in two hours before getting dogged out of it didn't put up much of a challenge to Oscar.

Fúck. I like cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I beat them both JP, too easy pity I didnt have any side bets on myself

Good work my man, always pays to back the very young and very clever. ;) Dev's fiver can go on a number of your choice! (Or blackjack box/pair plus box, choice is yours)

FNCKIN RUNNER RUNNER FNCKING STRAIGHT!

FNCK!

14K in chips in the centre, bleedin runner runner for a straight. I never wanted to see poker again last night.

At least I got Amp and Iagos cash. :)

DeV.

Advertisement