Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinhole created, UPnP disabled, Azureus still slow

Options
  • 03-09-2004 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I've been using Azureus for a little while. Plagued by yellow smilies, I created a pinhole for it(opened ports 6881 to 6889) and made sure UPnP was disabled in Azureus and as part of XP. And yet the yellow smilies are ever present, never making way for their green counterparts. The fastest speed Azureus can reach and maintain would only be about 12 kbps downloading and abut 17 kbps uploading.
    I asked in another forum and no-one knew what was wrong. Any ideas here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Liquorice wrote:
    I've been using Azureus for a little while. Plagued by yellow smilies, I created a pinhole for it(opened ports 6881 to 6889) and made sure UPnP was disabled in Azureus and as part of XP. And yet the yellow smilies are ever present, never making way for their green counterparts. The fastest speed Azureus can reach and maintain would only be about 12 kbps downloading and abut 17 kbps uploading.
    I asked in another forum and no-one knew what was wrong. Any ideas here?

when you say you 'opened' the ports, i assume in XP's firewall or a local one. Did you check the BB router or modem to see if u need to forward the ports back to your pc?

and if you have a router you might need to manually specify your external IP to the app to keep it happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Triceradon wrote:
    Did you check the BB router or modem to see if u need to forward the ports back to your pc?

and if you have a router you might need to manually specify your external IP to the app to keep it happy...

How do I do this? Sorry...I'm not very good with computers :o

Edit: Using a Cayman 3341 router if it's any help.

Advertisement