Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Most Satisfying game you've ever played

Options
  • 03-09-2004 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Well we have the most annoying game you've ever played, how about the best?

For me it has to be Final Fantasy 7, can't fault very much in that for an RPG
    Bought it when it first came out and still play it now an then today.
    Best 60 quid i've ever spent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ocarnia of time !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ico

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

=SubZero= wrote:
    For me it has to be Final Fantasy 7, can't fault very much in that for an RPG
    Bought it when it first came out and still play it now an then today.
    Best 60 quid i've ever spent.

definately agree so enjoyable all the way through

my vote goes to ff7 or perhaps far cry for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Operation Flashpoint, the original campaign game. Finishing it was the most satisfying thing ever.

Still playing this game 3 years later. So far ahead of its time and so much better than most of the crap that comes out today it makes you wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Prob ff7 but the most satisfying fps i ever played was definitely Rise of the Triad. Just had to love god mode, dog mode and all those traps and **** :)

However the most satysifying thing ever was completing wold3d. Man having to go hought each level looking for secret panels was a pain but so satisfying when you eventually find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I hate to be so uncool and mainstream :rolleyes: but it has to be GTA III. As a fan of the original top down games I couldn't beleive my ears when I read about a full blown city to explore from a third person perspective and they pulled it off so well. Beating someone to death with a baseball bat for the first time in the game was probably the most satisfying thing in a game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Alfred Chicken on my miggy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Swifty wrote:
    Beating someone to death with a baseball bat for the first time i was probably the most satisfying thing in a game ever.

and we claim video games don't cause violence? i guess we were wrong.....

and erm i'd say enemy nations cause it took ages to do anything(i mean ages, entire game was basically a skirmish) , so when u finally got enough of an army to go on the rampage it was satisifying... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Spy hunter on the old c64 (i think) and FF 7

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Zelda Link To The Past (SNES/GBA)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

most satisfied to finish is System Shock 2

Most satisfaction playing is Tiger Woods 2004....i know i need help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Tusky wrote:
    Ocarnia of time !
    cant argue with you there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Just finished it 2 days ago. Makes every penny i spent on that Saturn worth it. I had high expectations for this game but it was better than what the reviews say about it. Not only was it an amazing experience but it also made playing Panzer Dragoon Orta again an even better experience by adding a whole other layer to the stroyline. I think this will be replacing Suikoden 2 as my favourite game of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

damn it retro i hate it when you play the games i want to play!!!!

Nights has to be one of the most satisfying games i have ever played!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pantera

Quake III Arena for me I'm afraid, but specifically CTF. I cant get enough of it..still to this day. Pity the community is all but dead now! ah well. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gotta be Metroid Prime for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

earthworm jim on snes was a great to finish as was Red Alert 1, Freespace 1 and 2 were great games to comlpete as was Deus Ex

Toca 1 or 2 on psx was probably my fav to finish, battling thru the league just to pip Alam Menu for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

FFVII by some distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭aSS g0BliN

yeah FFVII was an brilliant game but i'd say the most satisfyin game to have finished was proably FFIII (FFVI in the us) it was such an unreal game,even though it tooks AGES 2 finish :eek:

...i'm quite proud of myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Tekken
    COD/MOH - now COD online the best online game I have ever played(God Bless you Kazu!) - very satistying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Triceradon wrote:
    and we claim video games don't cause violence? i guess we were wrong.....

Yeah I know, now I always have to beat people with baseball bats, pick up STI-ridden hookers and wander down dark alleys in search of glowing markers that might mean a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

1) Nethack
    2) Doom I and II
    3) Championship Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i have to agree with swifty, i love GTA all of them!!! I was hooked from the first top down one. Running over all the hari-crishna's(sp?) to get "GOURANGA!!!" that was deadly!!

p.s. i'm not violence, it was just well funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

metroid prime - beating meta ridley, prime and omega pirate for the first time :p
    and getting 100% items and scans the other day.

super mario kart - realising that i'd gotten the fastest possible lap time on the first ghost track

far cry - the start of the "boat" level... one of the most immersive gaming experiences i've had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

This is easy. monkey island. All of the first three were like the best things to ever happen.

-Use rubber chicken with pulley-
    genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hordes Of The Underdark
    Planescape: Torment
    Baldur's Gate saga
    Thief 1 and 2
    Golden Ax (Going back a bit)
    Ikari Warriors (to go REALLY far back)

All a joy to play, satisfying to finish, yet also saddening because that was it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Flashpoint - because I'm a war nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

FFVII/Civ2/R6/CM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Championship Manager (winning the Champions' League with Peterborough)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've gotta go for FF7 myself. Ahh, I can feel the waves of nostalgia on the horizon.

Advertisement