Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Most Satisfying game you've ever played

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

wolf 3D, on my old 286... best game ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i find multiplayer games so satifying

counter strike: winning when the odds are completely against you, knowing that your whole team is spectating you, as you sneek upto the ts planting and somehow manage to kill them all and defuse

age of conquerors: leaving your allys to fend for themselfs in a team game and booming to imperial in under 30 minutes with a civ like persians, then creating a fully upgraded elephant and siege army, that tramples all over your enemys castle age armys that thinks its won, they then have to regroup everything as my army plows thru to their bases, aaahh satisfying

and ff7 is pokemon with fmv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

1. Vulcan "Spectrum"
    2. Dungeon Master "Amiga"
    3. Bomberman Man , Street Fighter2 "Snes"
    4. Doom1&2 , Cs "Pc"

There the games i have had the most fun playing. All but one of them games you could play against Humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    can't remember tbh (it must've been 10 years ago at this stage)
    turbo start with bowser and finding the perfect line. i constantly got the excact same time on that track, never better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

fluffer wrote:
    This is easy. monkey island. All of the first three were like the best things to ever happen.

-Use rubber chicken with pulley-
    genius.

those games were hilarious.

for me it's gotta be metroid prime, ocarina or street fighter 2 turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Have to agree lafortezza. Nethack beats all the others for me. The first time I ascended is my best gaming moment ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Wolfy

zelda link to the past
    super metroid
    turok dinosaur hunter original (okay so it was crap but i was happy when i completed it)
    operation flashpoint

oddly since moving to pc gaming and that im older and can afford more games i tend not to finish games anymore.. i get tired of em and move on... or maybe its just the state of games lately... like doom3 or farcry an initial wow factor that wears thin...

oh and CoD... that game left me wanting more more more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Rez + trance vibrator :D

rez-002-small.jpg
    (Not me in pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Final Fantasy 7 for me by far. Didin't have to even think about it :D

Tekken and GTA games too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Dues Ex my all time personal favourite.....as for the second one lets not go there is a sore point.

After that Goldeneye on nes 64
    and possible Pro Evolution soccer in 2 player on the ps2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Possibly Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or any of the Mario games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

1 KOTOR - Amazing game
    2 Baldurs Gate 1/2, Icewind Dale 1/2, NWN
    3 Championship Manager 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I got a brand new copy of perfect dark there yesterday(I gave up on the n64 and games for a bit which is why I never bought it or majoras mask or conkers bad fur day, then came back to gaming last october). I think the game blows goldeneye away. it's the best shooter ive ever played. saying that I just bought half life too but I havnt played it yet cause my poxy monitor wont let it work.

If anyone has any of the following n64 games they dont want. let me know.

mario 64
    majora's mask*
    shadowman
    fighter's destiny
    turok 2
    conker's bad fur day*
    banjo
    wwf no mercy
    jet force gemini
    blast corps

im really after the ones marked with a *

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

1. Legend of Zelda on the SNES.

Best Zelda game for me, with the other two Ocarina of Time and the Wind Waker I just stopped caring at a certain point and put them down, they were brilliant but I didn't feel the urge to finish them once I got near the end, felt like work. Maybe I grew up of something.

2. Legend of Zelda on the NES.

This was just fantastic. I think the simple cleverness of the puzzles actually were better than the SNES version here. God I fúcking loved that game, I even took the instruction booklet into school with me to reread. All the time.

3. Championship Manager 00-01.

Brentford winning the Champions League with a golden goal. An all Irish Arsenal team winning the Champions League and loads of titles. Ireland losing to England in the European Championship Final to a Joe Cole golden goal. Ireland beating Argentina in the World Cup Final having thrashed England 5-1 in the Quarters. Jesus the amount of hours that game stole from my life.

CM4 also deserves an honourable mention for a particular hotseat game where I was managing Barcelona and my mate was managing Real Madrid. Over four seasons we got two league titles each, but I won the Champs League final between the two of us. Satisfaction central. Long range Deco free kick btw.

4. Mario Kart on the SNES. Hours an hours playing it at home. Then a new lease of life given to it in a musty society room in college. I spent a year playing it multiplayer between getting drunk. While being drunk. While being hungover. It made things all better.

5. Day of Defeat (whatever version was the last one before it went to 1.0)

Best multiplayer game ever. Ever. It kinda went to shít I think when they upgraded to 1.0, just didn't have that same skill level. I fúcking kicked ass at it too. I would have owned your bitch ass. Perhaps I did.

6. Grim Fandango.

This game is just beautiful. Best plot and characterisation of a game ever I think. I wouldn't be surprised if it's turned into a movie at some point.

7. Civ 3

It stole some of my life. I remember some crazy game that just burned themselves into my brain. Plus I remember going to bed at six am when I had to get up for work at half seven. I've had to uninstall it cos I have some exams coming up.

Honourables to KOTOR, Mario Bros. 3, Street Fighter 2 (SNES), FreeCiv multiplayer, Half-Life, Silent Service 2, Monkey Island 2, Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur 2, NBA 2k 1,2,3 , Super Smash TV, Unreal Tournament 2004 (Onslaught only), the tennis game on the dreamcast, Mario World, Monkey Ball 2 and GTA 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

It's a toss up between the original Doom (I'll never forget how awestruck I was playing it first time round) and CM 01/02

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

for me its gotta be Baldurs gate 1, or GTA (3 or 4, take your pick they're both amazing).

i think how a game gets you has a good bit to do with your own expectations of it and whether you are at a stage in your life when you can dedicate yourself properly to it and let it into your life to experience it fully. Or do i have a problem!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

In order of preference (descending)..

Deus Ex, Monkey Island 1&2 and GTA:VC.

All games that ooze genius out of every pore.

Advertisement