Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultima Ascension

Options
  • 22-06-2000 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Got a lend of this game off a mate of mine and have to say it's pretty damn cool. Only thing is it's a typical origin game which needs a p4-1400 to run. I'm running it on a p3-700 (celeron2) 200 megs of ram and it's still sluggish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Looking for some help. One of the first caves you arrive in you have to go and collect 4 coloured gems and put one on each pedistal in order to collect some kind of magical shield. Unfortunately I'm missing one and I can't for the life of me find it. I have the on from the waterfall, the one the guy gives you when you rescue him and the other one from the top of the large pedestal room area.

I think that the one i'm missing is in the dining room, as I've read a scroll which said that something along the lines of "the hidden area is beyond the dining room wall".

Venom, you've played this game, can you remember how the hell I get through that wall in the dining room ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Is this Ultima 9?

Here's some intresting things you can try.

1. *Revenge for Ultima Online*
    - At your house get some bread and the rat poison.
    - Use the rat poison on the bread.
    - Now when you move to the other world using the moongate and meet the king, ignore him and look for the pantry.
    - Take all the food out of the panty.
    - Leave the bread with the rat poison on it in the pantry.
    - Wait.
    - Sit and watch the king slowly screaming as he dies from eating the bread (I think you can help him along now with a couple of whacks).

2. *The real king*
    In the dungeons you'll see some guy shouting "I am the king!". It is in fact Richard Garriots voice (He played the king in Ultima online).

3. How to crash the program.
    Might not work on the later version. When you talk to the king and he asks you to take the quest keep saying no. Eventually you can leave and the program will crash five minutes after that.

4. Calling a Smurf.
    In Ultima online a Smurf is a counselor. These are people who play the game to help others, they are treated like **** by the UO people and tend to listen to annoyed people.

In one of the allyways, you'll see a drunk wearing a counselor costume (blue robe).

I didn't get far in the game as it kept crashing and I was annoyed with Lord British for screwing Ultima online. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

http://rpgplanet.com/ultima9/

Go there for all your help in the game.I know the dungeon you are in and it is the wrost in the whole game.Cant remember where to find the statue you need tho.Overall U9 is a great game but the ending is just complete crap.

Advertisement