Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing Scripts

• 03-09-2004 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

Is anybody else viewing their scripts this weekend? I'm heading in at 6 this evening to have a look; I don't think I'll be appealing anything, but it should be interesting enough to see them again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

I'm going tomorrow morning to view English,History,Economics and French.I'll definately be appealing History,I got a B3 but really I thought i'd get an A given that I knew the answers to the 5 questions I answered off by heart and with my topic "The Cultural Devastation Left in the wake of WW2",I thought an A was a cert:(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

yep im off to the school now in 10 mins to view everything except Irish. Definitely appealing English and Business - B3 and C1 when I had been a straight A student for 2 years. Might appeal Maths - C1 - but I felt I did badly on the day anyway. Dont think ill appeal my A1's though ;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yep I'm going in to see my English tomorrow morning. Really happy with my results so it's really only to be nosey and see what I got in my essay cause my english teacher would never give me high marks....wanna see if it was me or her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Just bck from viewing mine... nothing special. A few things I wasn't too happy about (getting 0 marks out of 20 for a perfect answer to an ambiguous question in business - would have gotten me up to an A2), But overall it was pretty much as I expected. Nice to finally get it *all* over with though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I went. Obnoxious teacher was the worst thing I had to deal with.

I don't have any perspective on my Business paper, which is the only one I'd consider appealing. But meh.

Irish and English were fun to read.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

meh, all i can say.... my business teacher found two mistakes in my business paper, where i would have lost marks when i didnt, so i'm saying nothing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Viewed 5 papers this evening. Can't believe some of the stupid mistakes I made on the Maths paper.

I will be appealing the Economics paper, along with half the county though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Does anybody remember the question on the business paper about the organisational structures - I think it was on Question 3 in section 3? I went writing about matrix, line, etc. and got 0 marks for it, since the marking scheme went on about sole traders/PLCs/Ltd. That 20 marks would have brought me up to an A2, which would be nice. I think if I appeal it though, I probably wont get any extra marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wow. I got full marks in my history special topic which I had learnt two days prior to the exam and also in my English paper 1 essay... Goe me!

Appealing Art. I got 52 out of 100 for my design piece and 50 out of 100 for my still life. Which was shocking. I got perfect in my life drawings. I don't know what the story is. I just doubt the examiner understood my graffiti style piece and as for the still life... It wasn't that good, I'll agree but it wasn't near that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i am supposed to view mine tomorrow, but i picked to do it from 2-5 i think, which mines i will miss the match, i might just do in for an hour and see them or else i wont bother.

• Advertisement

also, the people appealing, are yous appealing cos you didnt get the ocurse you wanted, or just because you didnt like the grade?

if its opition 2, do yous not think its a bit stupid, and a waste?

I've got my course. I do, however feel insulted by my grade. There's nothing I love more than drawing and that grade is like the corrector telling me I'm shít at it. It's like a slap in the face.

Kold wrote:
    I've got my course. I do, however feel insulted by my grade. There's nothing I love more than drawing and that grade is like the corrector telling me I'm shít at it. It's like a slap in the face.

seriously worth the money though? also, only 1 in 5 papers get changed, so people on B3s expecting an A1 fro ma recheck are kidding themselves i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I viewed mine earlier today, all except Chemistry and Irish (didnt really care about those).

I got an A2 in English, which was a backhanded surprise - I liked it, but as time went on, the fact that it wasn't an A1 got to me. I left out two 20 mark questions though, that's why. Turns out that I got 340 marks in total - if I had even made a stab at those questions, I probably would have gotten my A1! AARRGH!!!!
    BUT, I did get 50/50 for my Plath essay, 50/50 for my question B on P1 (the letter, to a farmer), 91/100 for my story and 61/70 for my Theme/issue essay. So I'm well chuffed. :D

I got 69.5% in maths!! So annoying! Definitely appealing that one...My music was also rather dubious, so that's going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I got 89% on my english.....so so annoying. Not really worth getting recheck though. I have my course but bein able to say I got 600 points wud be brilliant :confused: Didn't see anywhere I might pick up marks

Well I'm back from viewing my scripts-History,French,English and economics.I'm definately getting History rechecked,I got full marks for my topic but 2 essays that were very harshly marked(say's my teacher) pulled me down.In french I got 84% I got basically full marks in everything except the aural,I'm not getting it rechecked though cause I couldn't find any extra marks:(.In economics I got an A2,I might get it rechecked because I was only about 5 marks away from an A1 and there were loads of places were I think the corrector could have given me more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

I got 79.5% in English... I was half a percent off a B1 and they gave me a B2. Also, I got 63% in an essay I got 99% for in class - it was perfect. I originally got 331 marks, but then the supervisor marked it down to 318... this happened to a lot of girls in the school, and the teachers are really annoyed about it. It was just way too harsh. Anyhow, I'm appealling and I'm looking forward to hearing back from them :) Does anyone know when you get the results of the appeal?

I think it's around oct/nov.It's a bit late considering that some people need the extra appeal points to get their first choice.My friend is 5 points away from getting her course but the college said that even if she gets the 5 points through the appeal process,they still might not let her in until next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

My maths examiner apparently couldn't add the two totals together correctly.... which is somewhat ironic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I love business and I got a C3! I looked at the paper. Haven't a clue what to make of it.

So I reakon I should do a business degree....:roll:

Mad how the world works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Maths overall i got 507 marks which equals 84.5% or 85%, only 1% away from that A2, wil i bother appealin though im not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

"Sorry, no, mathematics is an exact discipline, we don't round up." :rolleyes:

Bloody examiners.

I'd definitely appeal if I was you. I'm in the same situation with English, it's really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

I got 89.33333 % in my maths (4 marks off), needless to say I'm getting it rechecked. Damn stingy examiners.

I'm also getting my english rechecked too.

I think it's around oct/nov.It's a bit late considering that some people need the extra appeal points to get their first choice.My friend is 5 points away from getting her course but the college said that even if she gets the 5 points through the appeal process,they still might not let her in until next year.

they arent allowed do that as far as i know

Cathy wrote:
    "Sorry, no, mathematics is an exact discipline, we don't round up." :rolleyes:
    Bloody examiners.
    I'd definitely appeal if I was you. I'm in the same situation with English, it's really annoying.

well in that case il be in skool at the crack of dawn on monday to get that bad boy re-checked, it dont matter to my grade, its just my pride and reputation on the line. by the way if the mark stays the same do i still get my money back? (i'm a stingy bastard!)

I also over-looked my E in higher physics, I couldnt stop laughin at myself, I didnt even deserve the E I got, I should have got a big fat NG at the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

My maths exam was rounded up in almost all the questions.

Well ur a lucky man/woman, il presume man tho, if only mine was rounded up!I'd have the A2 that my parents want to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ok i didn't even pass this subject but i never really worked at it lately this year as...well i'm a lazy git and got what i needed. I'm taking the easy man's route out... plc course, fetac... then college course in IT Tallaght perhaps... ads an extra year or two but i'm alright. Anyways that aside, alot of people seemed to have failed the Classical Studies exam, the three swottiest people in my class failed it and they got near enough straight As throughout their five years in the school. Anybody else experienced this? Also, why exactly do they make u pay to have them rechecked? Surely it's their mistake and they're the ones who should be giving YOU some sort of compensation. Out government's great... aint it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Achilles wrote:
    Also, why exactly do they make u pay to have them rechecked? Surely it's their mistake and they're the ones who should be giving YOU some sort of compensation. Out government's great... aint it?

They make you pay because it's time and effort and 80% of the time there'll be no change - i.e. no mistake was made. If it does get upgraded then you get your money back; what's the problem?

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote:
    Anyways that aside, alot of people seemed to have failed the Classical Studies exam, the three swottiest people in my class failed it and they got near enough straight As throughout their five years in the school. Anybody else experienced this?
    My mate came out in hysterics saying "I can't believe they gave me those marks!"

Advertisement