Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comps // Tournies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I've only played Q3 origional and would prefer to play something similar to it if I was going to play other ppl in it. Otherwise an unfair advantage.

Oh I can get 651 in cpma on post 1.1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Heh,
    you've played both qw and q3, as have most of the q3'ers at the LAN, so you'll be ok.

Most of ye have a 50 50 style, I have 80% qw and 20% q3, dunno how it'll work out in a q3 comp having never played in one, but I'd say my chances are the same in both OSP and cpma if that's what all the bitching is about.

Just give it a chance, I can burn cpma to a cd if anyone wants it (80meg, not for modem download :) ).

Maybe a poll would be the solution, tho I'm pretty sure this thread is doing a good job in pissing Doodee off to extreme levels ;).

que

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Point gun, click, run away.

It's not quantum mechanics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

SyxPak wrote:
    It's not quantum mechanics.

A quantum mechanics game you say... sounds interesting. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, good sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

fuck off que.

why dont we play a real world counter terrorism quake 3 mod... i mean, it might make me better at it, since thats the game i like the best =)))))))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

haha alan, you're shit

:p

Bomberman this time around?

oh, and discussed doesnt mean you pm'd doodee and he said "yea **** off" or whatnot

Lads, quit the bitching.

It demeans you all.

it demeans YOU all!

• Advertisement

"it demeans you all"

I'd just like to state that the following post has NOTHING to do with that one, I don't generally listen to Syxpak, nor can the public opinion of me get any lower really ;).

However, my sources (as in, anima and caliden talking on #galwaylan) tell me that half the people arguing on behalf of OSP (or even all..) mightn't be attending the next GL as there is some 13370 cs tourni on in wexford. So how abouts have both servers ready (I'll help if you need me), and on the day, quick vote on which to play. No more meanless arguing.

Sound fair?

que

shut up.

its in waterford. and we probably wont be going unless a space opens up.

cockface.

Good mature post there alan.

My apologies for not knowing/caring where all the cs LANs are staged in Ireland.

Back on topic, surely you can't say no to my proposition.....if you're there you can vote, if you're not then why do you care which mod is played?

que

Poor quetzal, lol, the carma thing is red (first one I've seen red so far...) "Fobia can only hope to improve"
    Whats with the Drake V Fobia thing anyway. All I can gather is Fobia is pro QW and is hell bent on getting everyone to follow (I don't mind that). Then Drake is (just bent ; kidding) pro CS but isn't putting in the effort for it as much recently.

Anyway, Syxpak and I have been looking at one of the venues. Its a nice place in the middle of nowhere(menlo) with a big hall. If we get the place on fri I intend on putting a lot of effort into getting the tournies timetabled and ppl on teams and such. I'll prob be doing this on the way down from dublin or whatever... any ideas, more imput. Timetable shouldn't be ridgit.

i will be at galway lan. how about we play box wars.. its a cool mod for cool people.. makes you bunnyhop faster ^_^

Sniipe wrote:
    Whats with the Drake V Fobia thing anyway. All I can gather is Fobia is pro QW and is hell bent on getting everyone to follow (I don't mind that). Then Drake is (just bent ; kidding) pro CS but isn't putting in the effort for it as much recently.

They each secretly harbour a passion for the other.

I don't know, and I don't care. More to the point, I don't want to see it on here. Take that **** to the CS/Quake boards :)

Bickering little maggots.
    I've a good mind to run a 2V2 Q3 Chicken-mod tourny instead.

Sniipe wrote:
    Poor quetzal, lol, the carma thing is red (first one I've seen red so far...) "Fobia can only hope to improve"

I got alot of bad rep with comments like "quake suxxors Cs rocks0rs" etc.....don't really care.

Me vs Drake? Don't think there's any feud there, he just goes spa when he doesn't get his way and I'd prefer to play cpma rather than OSP......

I've kind of stopped playing qw lately so I wouldn't call myself "pro".....I still love it, but jesus I wasted 6 months of my life to that game - time to learn how to talk again.

Maybe we should play OSP....I've been playing alot of q3 lately and if I may say so myself I'm pretty damn good at it.

Don't really care, cpma is better, if ye're gonna get bitchy, OSP will do.

'sides, it's not as if anyone other than john and jp can really decide....and john wants to play OSP simply because he knows what it stands for :)

Challenge Pro Mode Association. There, now you should be unbiased :D.

que

Orange Smoothie Pro.
    Has a nicer ring to it, and as far as I'm concerned there's no difference between the two for the majority of gamers who will be playing.

Christ, when did pointing guns at your mates for fun become so complicated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

UT2004 - Instagib DM

have each contestant pick a map of choice - each map is then added to the maplist. play each one with a frag limit of 30-40. the person with the most wins at the end is the daddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

god I bought UT 2004 and then I hardly played it :D but it sounds good ... nothing like a bit of onslaught

• Advertisement

dave, you'd react just the same way if i suddenly announced that i was going to run the quakeworld tourney, and run some bull**** mod to make it feel more like cs...

Yea, I see when you're coming from, but cpma really isn't too similar to qw (bunny hopping is alot easier if you're new, alot harder if you've been playing qw for a long time, like me)...but that's not got much to do with it

OSP it is so, I'll download it now, hopefully SiN will make it down, without him and anima wouldn't be much of a tourni :)

que

anima will be there, the wcsl cs lan isn't until the 29th,

I'm making spreadsheets with the tourney's I want to know who's playing what so I can put them up. I don't know what versions every game is at but if you tell me I'll burn them onto a few disks that way things will run smoother.
    I'm playing:

CS version 1.6 offline version
    Doom3 origional, I presume there are no updates. 1V1 tourney ok with everyone?
    Q3 I think I'll go with the horses mouth (syxpak) and go with OSP. Version???
    BF1942 Desert combat. Unknown version... We'll have teams of 8 for this
    QW version unknown. Its going to be a 2 v 2. Good craic
    UT2004 Not sure what we'll play in this but lets stick to one, I say 1 V 1
    Q3 again not sure what we'll play but I reckon a 1v1 and 4v4 team
    Natural Selecion, version unknown. I reckon 4 v 4 again
    C&C zerohour 8 ppl on the map everyone against each other
    warcraft3 same as above
    call of duty tourney will be 4 v 4 maybe???
    If ppl know tell me the versions....

When I few ppl tell me what they are doing I will publish "glxi tourney.xls"

Oh yeah what maps?? Should we do polls??? loads of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Warcraft, 1v1s are the way to go really. FFAs take massively long times in WC - usually about an hour or so.

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    Warcraft, 1v1s are the way to go really. FFAs take massively long times in WC - usually about an hour or so.
    Won't a lot of 1v1's take an awful long time?

Sniipe wrote:
    CS version 1.6 offline version
    Doom3 origional, I presume there are no updates. 1V1 tourney ok with everyone?
    Q3 I think I'll go with the horses mouth (syxpak) and go with OSP. Version???
    BF1942 Desert combat. Unknown version... We'll have teams of 8 for this
    QW version unknown. Its going to be a 2 v 2. Good craic
    UT2004 Not sure what we'll play in this but lets stick to one, I say 1 V 1
    Q3 again not sure what we'll play but I reckon a 1v1 and 4v4 team
    Natural Selecion, version unknown. I reckon 4 v 4 again
    C&C zerohour 8 ppl on the map everyone against each other
    warcraft3 same as above
    call of duty tourney will be 4 v 4 maybe???
    If ppl know tell me the versions....

When I few ppl tell me what they are doing I will publish "glxi tourney.xls"

Oh yeah what maps?? Should we do polls??? loads of them?

For qw, you can use whatever client/version you use, so long as it's qw. I'll be sharing the 2 clients I use (fuhquake and a next generation one called ezquake which allows multi person demo viewing and FPS independant physics).

OSP - 1.03 I don't have it but someone can download it...

Umm....pro-q3dm6 and q3-tourney4 is are only vanilla/osp maps that everyone knows (even I know q3dm6!), so they should be the main ones played....specially pro-q3dm6.

QW: as I've said already, I'll be admining the server but I'll only run a tourni if there's interest, if it's 2on2's then best keep it to dm6/dm2, if it's 1on1s then dm2, dm4, dm6, aerowalk. If it's CA (I hope to get a game or two of this going), it'll be dm3 as many people seem to think that it's the best map ever made in any game (I disagree, dm4 is :) ).

CS - that de_dust 2, everyone knows that one, at gl9 we played de dust 2 until the finals in which we changed to some other map in which I didn't have a clue what was going on in :D.

Desert Combat is 0.7 full....think it's .7g atm, but just use the one everyone got at the last GL.

ut2k4: I've played an hour or two of it, and I have to say there's one VERY good map, only I can't remember the name of it, it's a 1on1.....might edit later if I can be bothered to go find out which one it is. Patches are available from main site. I say we put on air control for dodging and quad jump for fun. (before ye start bitching, it DOES NOT allow for bunny hopping, strafe jumping or any other qw melarky).

I've been pimping the idea of signing up for tournis when people pay the money/show john the receipt for the money, I can't remember why it's been rejected but it still sounds like a good idea to me.....

que

for cs it should be

de_dust2 >> 1st rnd
    de_inferno >> 2nd rnd
    de_nuke >> final

maps can be dropped / added depending on how many actual rounds there is..

for q3, i'd suggest the pro-tourney4 one instead of the q3ourney4.. its so easy to keep control on q3tourney4 with ra, not so easy on pro-tourney4, two ya's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fobia wrote:
    ut2k4: I've played an hour or two of it, and I have to say there's one VERY good map, only I can't remember the name of it, it's a 1on1.....might edit later if I can be bothered to go find out which one it is. Patches are available from main site. I say we put on air control for dodging and quad jump for fun. (before ye start bitching, it DOES NOT allow for bunny hopping, strafe jumping or any other qw melarky).
    Albatross?
    that'd be my map of choice anyway.

like i said before. ffa ut2004 tourny with each contestant picking a map

• Advertisement

dunno....it's the one with 2 sides to it, 1 armour, shock rifle on one side, rl on other, there's a walk around the edge which has flak and lg on it, which leads on armour.

only map I know as it's tiny, will be my choice at the lan anyways :)

Advertisement