Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating a Reiki Master

• 03-09-2004 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this but i dont see any other one that comes close :)

Any suggestion or recommendations on finding a Reiki master in the Drogheda area or maybe even on the Drogheda Dublin route if its easy to get to.

I am looking for a long established and respected Master as I have been hearing a lot of reports the last while of students being pushed in areas without proper preparation and guidance and not so good results.

Are there any other related forms of healing available? Recommended?

There is a Trudy Byrne in Drogheda but i am looking for someone else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

Hi,

I am afraid I don't know of any healers in the area you mentioned. However, there is a website that gives a listing of some of the Reiki Healers in Ireland.

Here is the URL : http://www.reiki.ie/frameset.htm

You can also email the healers listed on the website.

Also you can phone The Reiki Association of Ireland at 021- 371058 and they will give you a list of all the Reiki masters near you. I also know they have website too but can't remember the URL.

Hope this helps.

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

Hi,

as Ro said, there is a listing available online.
    I had my first reiki seesion with a lady in east wall called Catherine Woods. She's real easy going and has always been a sensitive (and is a good laugh too).
    My mother trained under some woman in Dublin too, who I hear is great (kind, gentle) can't think of her name off hand but will locate it for you.
    I am looking for a long established and respected Master as I have been hearing a lot of reports the last while of students being pushed in areas without proper preparation and guidance and not so good results.

This unfortunately is very true. The best advice I could give is to trust your own best judgment.
    I trained five years ago (was paid for by my employers) in order to assist me on a personal development level and as an aid to the work I was then doing (and not as a means of obtaining an income) but most of the others I trained with were there specifically to get certification and were listed in local papers only weeks later.
    It can take years (as I found) to become fully integrated after opening up to this level of awareness and I would caution anybody out there who is considering Reiki to be aware of this.

There are many other forms of healing available. I'm a fan of reflexology (which requires a minimum of 2 years study- dip fetac certification), acupuncture and aromatherapy.
    In the area of hands on healing, there are a whole range of variations of the basic elements employed through reiki, shamanic healing, angelic touch therapy? Integrated energy therapy (IET)...too many to mention.

Originally, especially in Ireland, healers would have been closely linked to the shamanic variety. Often being passed down through family. (as is the case in my family), there are the traditional type healers who (claim) to be able to cure a specific illness such as cancer or shingles, bone healers and so on. (is good topic for discussion sometime)
    ...and not forgetting your everyday Spiritual healer.

:)

think I covered most of it. (if I remember any more will add it)

Advertisement