Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil Engineering

• 03-09-2004 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I'm studying Civil Engineering in the Netherlands, but English being my first language I'm looking for some decent English language textbooks. What book(s) is used the most at Uni courses in Ireland? My current project relates to designing and calculating a steel tied arch bridge. Are there any particular books which cover this subject?

I've found the Dutch textbooks covering the subject, but naturally I much prefer English.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Nobody here does Civil Engineering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Nobody here does Civil Engineering?
    I'm sure there must be... This is just a gratuitous post to hopefully whip up some interest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bandraoi

The NUIGalway steel lecturer gives out his own book of notes which most of the class would use for it. In fact for most of our courses we didn't really use books. I think a book by Nethecott or Nevecott or something was recommended for steel as well but I can't remember it being much use.

If I were you, I'd look on Amazon.co.uk and read the reviews there to get advice on which books are best for Civil Eng.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

structural steelwork by T J MacGunley is pretty good for an all round steel book. Doesn't specifically deal with bridges though.

Advertisement