Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bye bye UO

Options
  • 02-07-2000 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

Well, looks like i have also grown BORED of UO
    I dont even know how i managed to play it for so long, ah well, i cancelled my account yesterday.
    Has anyone tried Diablo 2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Geez with the amount of ( deep breath ) ' Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games ' (gasp!) I would not pin my hopes on Diablo 2. It is going to be funny to see how many people buy Diablo 2 inspite of the fact there are better RPG's available ( Vampire : The Masquerade , Asherons Call , even EverCrack and the many titles from BioWare) but I suppose with all the industry journalists talking about it at least once every month for two years , its bound to be successfull. That, in my opinion is not progression for RPG gaming.More like going back in time really being as it looks almost the exact same as Diablo. Or maybe I am just bitter because I hated Diablo smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yes I think you're just bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

A lot of people I know are now D2 junkies (it's quite sickening to watch).

Even with the flakey servers they still play it. Btw Diablo2 is not a MMORPG, it's a ORPG.

I think the only two main MMORPG's are EQ+UO, even AC isn't classed as one due to server limitations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

So do you cats believe that inspite of all these new (and 3d) RPGs , massive or otherwise , that Diablo II is the one thats most worth looking forward to? Inspite of the fact thats its gameplay is old (although I will admit not neccesarily stale) and its graphics are very much outdated. Is the online component really that good?

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

Personally I dont, I'm waiting for Neverwinter at this stage, it sounds promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

the demos and movies for NWN look excellent. Graphics are *very* nice (though how they can quote the low specs for it is beyond me, a PII 266 as a server with no slow-down across the internet with a 56k modem???).

The menu system is 'radial', as in, you click the character and icons spiral out from him, choose your icon and another menu spirals out, this is all 'on screen'. It gives more screen space but could get cluttered and/or block important views. Also, if your machine is a bit iffy with the grahics I would think the menu spiral would either slow it down more or just take longer to pop up. Personally I prefer the BG or EOB series interface.

I saw the movie for the level editing, looks nice and easy (but maybe not as customisable as I would like).

I don't think it's going to be everyone's dream game, but definitely looks good.

Oh, and rumours are you can have one-off scenarios (ie: meet up with people online at a specific time) , single player offline scenarios, multi-player LAN , or if you've got the ability an online Persistent gameworld. Nice set of choices smile.gif

Yes indeed if they pull it off it'll be very nice. I quite like the idea of an IGN persitent worl, u can also move between servers so for example you could play on server A and thenn move to server b and back again, and game manages your character, and makes sure there arent unreal advancements for characters. Yummy.

btw Loloth are you going to join in on our baldurs gate game ?

ps. Green we got a day in mind for this ?
    this week Wednesday, maybe, or at the weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

how does Sunday sound Rev.

Still need someone to host.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Shadowbane.

Game looks class. I saw a demo of a thief coming out of the shadows preditor style and slitting two guards throats.

I can host if u want. Sundays perfect what time ? 6:00pm ?

• Advertisement

No idea, we can sort all that out when we're starting up. I dont mind personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Grand with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Just have to get my ToTSC back off Draco and I'll be there on Sunday (best day for me too).

Are the characters starting level?

Advertisement