Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salman Rushdie

Options
  • 03-09-2004 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Anyone here like Salman Rushdie??

I'm a HUGE fan of his and I think he's a genius!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I don't know if I'd classify myself as a "huge fan" but I've got a reasonable amount of his stuff, including some of the criticism and oddity compendiums. I really liked Midnight's Children (one of my favourite books), thought the Satanic Verses were a little, er scatterly (you can read that as pompous overdrawn and badly laid out if y'like) and Haroun and the Sea of Stories is a fantastic kiddie book (which tends to appeal to me). The Moors Last Sigh has been sitting on the shelf for years now, I really should get around to reading it some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I've only read the "Satanic Verses" but would consider myself a fan - it was just a bit of an-uphill read at first and have gotten into many other authors since. :o You ALL know what I mean :D.

I've even gone as far as naming computers after some of the characters: Salim, Gibreel and Allelujiah.

Really should go back to him - kinda feel guilty - what do you recommend apart from SV?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

I've only read the "Satanic Verses" but would consider myself a fan - it was just a bit of an-uphill read at first and have gotten into many other authors since. :o You ALL know what I mean :D.

I've even gone as far as naming computers after some of the characters: Salim, Gibreel and Allelujiah.

Really should go back to him - kinda feel guilty - what do you recommend apart from SV?

I would HIGHLY recommend Fury and The Ground Beneath Her Feet
    TGBHF is really long but once you start it you don't want to stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, The Ground beneath her feet is a pretty good read, very absorbing and lots of strange stuff happens. It's the only Rushdie I've read so far. He makes some really bad puns in it though!

Advertisement