Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire

Options
  • 05-07-2000 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone else got it yet ?

me want to play game .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Yeah I love the promise of this game already.
    Me want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Initially and for a long time , what impressed me about Vampire was the Story Teller multiplayer mode which was basically one guy telling a story and the rest partaking in it. But after I heard it was laggy and complicated I notcied just how beautfil the game is. I have nearly finished downloading the demo and will post here with my opinion when I have played it through.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well I instaleld it last night and from the bits I've seen so far I'm impressed. You're right the graphics are pretty good, not as cartoonie as in Q3 (still haven't even installed that yet noel).
    I think this could be EQ fuccked for me smile.gif

I'm planning on giving the multiplayer a go tonight so if anyone wants to team up speak now or forever hold your peace smile.gif

Ok I have one bad thing to say : Combat. Now I love fighting in Video Games. The hacking and the slashing and the punching etc but I have to say that fighting in VTM:R is a ****ing balls. Enemies are cool looking and the weapons are excellent. But when it comes to combat the other 3 members of your party are thick as pig **** and twice as useless. Its sad really because combat is such a huge part of this game. Still though this bodes well for the multiplayer because when you are playing MP you are guaranteed that your other party members have a degree of intelligence. Aside from this , incredible graphics , solid voice acting , excellent little touchs scattered all over the place (the cruch when you eat a rat or the detail on the spears and axes) superb sound etc etc. Really a great game and I am getting a copy as soon as I can lay my hands on one. Also , the new patch should address most of these issues. Sorted. Class game.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire:
    Anyone else got it yet ?

Well I took a half day yesterday to buy it,

And I took the day off today to (recover) play it. It is one of the classiest looking games I've ever played .. the storytelling is class ...

JAK.

ps- True about the fighting tho .. but thats Roleplaying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

That Save thing is a real bit<h.

Redoing entire floors ain't fun.

The save is been changed in the upcoming patch I heard

Are any of you going to try your hands at that story telling? It looks a bit overwhelming but maybe I could whip something together.

well if your up for putting something together, I'd be o for giving it a go.

As a side note does of you using internet sharing might want to take a look at this : http://members.xoom.com/freakyferret/redemption/ics_vamp.zip

anyone on proxy firewalls might also be intersted in the ports use.

Advertisement