Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gave blood

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

They won't take you if there's a risk of you being infected with something.

This is perfectly reasonable since they have a nice line importing ready-infected blood from the states that's been donated by junkies, tramps and whores already.

Oh I'm only joking, I know they don't really have that.

Anymore.

And it's not as if they KNOWINGLY pass on infected blood to innocent people, is it?

Oh right.

Slutmonkey will never give blood because if I'm going to get AIDS, dammit, I'll get it the fun way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Gave blood today, and then went for a couple of drinks with my friends. It was really funny, I was completly locked after one drink! I had one more and nearly fell asleep, so had to go home then. I'd recommend donating to anyone though, the people in there are really nice. One of my friends came up with me, and they insisted on giving her loads of food/drink as well, even though she wasn't donating! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I can't wait for 80 days when I can do it again.
    Giving blood is gonna be a new trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Might be the start of a new anti-vampire fashion. People who wear white clothes and crucifixes, eat lots of garlic, spend the day sunbathing and looking in the mirror...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

/me shakes fist at God

Damn you, hepatitis, making me miss out on karma and free tea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So... hang on. Just to see if I have this correctly....

If I'm a professional whore who never uses protection, I'm more desirable to the IBTS than if I'd once had protected sex with a man who'd had protected sex with another man 15 years ago while they were in an exclusive relationship?

What, is gay Aids more dangerous or something? There seems to be a serious logic flaw here somewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If I'm a professional whore who never uses protection
    Then you would have been paid for sex, which rules you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Victor wrote:
    Then you would have been paid for sex, which rules you out.
    But only for 1 year. Gays and bisexuals are banned for life. The IBTS know how ridiculous this is but they are standing by their grossly ignorant and discriminatory policy.
    It seems even more daft when you consider how desperate they are for donors. I get phone calls, letters and text messages off them when my time comes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

has anyone here ever brought this discrepancy to the attention of the blood board? like in some official form of a letter or something? cos i never really thoght about it before but it is a good point, but if no one mentions it to them (in some sort of official manner) they are able to shrug their shoulders and say no one ever complained about their policies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Puteq wrote:
    has anyone here ever brought this discrepancy to the attention of the blood board? like in some official form of a letter or something? cos i never really thoght about it before but it is a good point, but if no one mentions it to them (in some sort of official manner) they are able to shrug their shoulders and say no one ever complained about their policies.
    Yes - the SU and LGB society in Trinity did two years ago, IIRC. Nothing came of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

One of my greatest fears in life is that I'll turn into the kind of person who complains in writing about Sprite ads. Since the policy doesn't affect me directly, I'd be reluctant to lead a crusade against the IBTS about it. But if there is currently a live petition or campaign about this daft policy I'd be happy to support it however I can...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I have a rare blood type so I am often called exactly 90 days since the last donation

Just curious, what blood type are you? I know in the ABO system of things, AB is the rarest but AB people are universal receivers so they don't need blood from AB people specifically. Is it Rhesus Negative blood that they consider rare blood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Stark wrote:
    Just curious, what blood type are you? I know in the ABO system of things, AB is the rarest but AB people are universal receivers so they don't need blood from AB people specifically. Is it Rhesus Negative blood that they consider rare blood?
    Just guessing, but I'd imagine that O- is always in demand because its the universal donor?

Advertisement