Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ears got plugged!

Options
  • 03-09-2004 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

hey..

the other day i went into snake bite and got both of my ears plugged (5mm)
    i got it pierced with that size..

omg it hurt when they went in...using those sharp rods....uhhh!!..

just wondering...due to the hole being way larger than a standard piercings size..

is cleaning applied in the same way?...hot salty water?

oh yea....the guys in there are so sound...for both piercings it would have been 80 yo-yo's.... they did it for 50 for me....bang on:) :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jetpilot

That sucks! They charged me 60 blips when I got it done there! Gonna havta have some words with rob :p Yeah man, hot salty water worked grand for me, had no problems with mine whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

ive a question jet...

will there be a scar left on my ear after having a 5mm in it?...

i dont think im going to put in any larger sizes...

just when i took one out for cleaning...it looks like a slit in my ear and due to the amount it opens up..kinda got me thinking...

will the piercing shrink right down?

Yeah Teddi, ive stretched mine up by a few mils, and have now shrunken them down to a 6 (which I really like, its not too big, but people can easily enough see through it) with no probs. When you got it pierced, all the needle did was make a small crescent shaped hole, which was then stretched up, so theres very little skin that could scar as very little skin was removed, and as long as you keep the size reasonable (for most people under 10mm, but some can go as far as 20mm) there will be enough elasticity in the skin to stretch back, and all you are left with is basically a normal sized piercing :)

thanks mate..

yea...that sounds about right....

just that i work ina pub and one regs. there showed me his post-stretched ears...

they both had a scar on them..they looked like to small brown pimpels...

i just dont want that coz there pretty noticeable...

i saw your piercing ...purdy kewl! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

hey teddi, any chance of u posting a pic of ur plugs, i'm considering getting both ears done at 5mm myself soon, just wanna see how big the actually look.

• Advertisement

hey el...
    yea sure..when ever i can find my digicam!..lol

there not huge at all mate..really...

its pretty much the circumference of a biro pen....probably a tiny bit smaller...

just to warn ya...its pretty sore piercing it at that size...it was for me anyway...

you can always go into celetial in stephens green or snake bite...they will help ya no probs on finalising your decision

tedi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

also would be interested in a pic might go for 4mm or somit, i dont really like ear piercings but plugs arnt too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

got ear pierced 1.6mm today, was told its better to strecth it coz if u goto 4-5mm straight away itll never go back to a normal ear, but the scretching way it will, will take about 2.5months to get upto 8ish, keep it there, that when the cool jewellary comes in

Hey Krispie, you can get it stretched with a taper to 4-5mm straight away when pierced (like me and teddi did) and it should still close up grand at that size (I know from experience), only dermal punching wouldnt close up at such a small size because a large piece of skin is removed. It you are stretching gradually your gonna be a while longer than 2.5 months getting to 8mm, because you should only really stretch 1mm at a time and leave roughly a month between each stretch to let it heal before doing it again or you risk tearing your lobe and blowouts. Best way to check if its ready to be stretched is to get under a hot shower and try to fit a piece of jewelerry one size up into your lobe, and if it hurts going in then your lobe is not ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

from 1.6 to 8mm should take about 9 months if you want to avoid tearing it. if you do tear it its gonna look rotten and wont close up anyways. i tore mine once badly and it only closed down to 6mm from 12mm and looks like a cats arse. but then again so does my mates that had his pierced and stretched at the same time.

• Advertisement

these feckers are well annoying to heal!!

i woke up this morning and one had popped out..

i think it happened sometime during the night..

trying to put it back in was like trying to re-pierce it...

uhhhh.....painful..

how long did yours take Jet? :)

Yeah man that popping out thing is annoying, best thing for that is to wear O-rings that are one size too small, which can be hard to get on, but are also b*stards to get off, or get one of those tubes with one end flared and an O-ring on the other side, as the flared side shouldnt go through your ear as its larger than the hole, and as the flared end is pretty much flat against the skin theres very little pushing pressure on it if you sleep on it. Healing time was fast fo me, had mine stretched up a mil only 3 weeks after getting it pierced :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Im on my way in now to get it done,just a lil 5mm one but ill let you know how it works out

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

just got it done,she pierced it with a 2.6 taper needle that pushed it to 4mm,she wouldnt go past 4 as the skin has a tendency to rip then,kind of hurt like a muthaf*cka but now its grand,im going to stretch it as far as 10mm as soon as i can and then leave it

i'm heading into town to get my plugs tomorrow and was wondering if they tell me that the most i can have it stretched to is 1.6mm will i have to wear rings in both ears or is there a smaller plug that they will put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Well the needle they use to pierce is 1.6mm and I think they'll stretch it to about 4 or 5mm straight away but won't go further.

thanks man. just have to decide where to go to see if i'll get a deal on getting 2 piercings

Advertisement