Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offaly and Broadband

• 03-09-2004 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Ive just done a line check Broadband for my phone line in Edenderry,Co. Offaly on mmm.eircom.ie/maps and its coming up as passed.Does this mean i can ring eircom and ask them to come out and install my Broadband connection. I thought it would be another few months,year maybe,before it had passed but maybe things are happening quicker than expected.With it passing does that mean Esat BT and all other BB providers will be offering their packages here soon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

whiteyq wrote:
    Ive just done a line check Broadband for my phone line in Edenderry,Co. Offaly on mmm.eircom.ie/maps and its coming up as passed.Does this mean i can ring eircom and ask them to come out and install my Broadband connection. I thought it would be another few months,year maybe,before it had passed but maybe things are happening quicker than expected.With it passing does that mean Esat BT and all other BB providers will be offering their packages here soon
    All the other providers just resell the eircom service, so if it passes for eircom, it'll pass for anyone else.

Do yourself a favour and spend your money with any of the alternative providers. Even though most of your money will end up with eircom, at least you will be supporting the development of competition in the market.

(You can also save yourself a considerable amount of money - UTV only charge €29.99, and IOL/ESAT charge as little as €33.15, if you switch your calls over to them as well).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mmmm, Edendeerry's on the complete list of xDSL exchanges that Moriarty's kept updated.

I agree with Ripwave - you'll find it cheaper from one of the other providers. I've used UTV's service since March and I've had no problems with it, apart from the odd bit of scheduled downtime. Other people have had problems but I've had a good experience for the past six months. And it's rather dramatically cheaper than Eircom's offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭captainmustard

Ive been looking for that post for a while with all exchanges listed.Ive checked the number on esatbt/iol and it passes and i can sign up for an account,does this mean now it will only be a few days before i can go online using BB.

I had been looking into getting last mile wireless,but they have held back on implementation of residential and ive heard its something to do with gov funding,i hope this gets them to get a move on as would rather go with wireless and get rid of the phone but as with everyone the sooner i get it in the better and dont realy care who its with.

Will look into all different packages and i agree,eircom are a rip off and would rather go with someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

whiteyq, i have applied for the trial offer of Esat last week, I should know next week if they will install or not
    If you don't ask you don't get, call them and register, they say it takes 10 days.

PS. you double post this, its in Cable\mmds\broadband too. Anyway I copied and pasted here too :cool:

Hi Halkar,yeah double posted as thought it would been seen here more.This is the place i should have posted orig.Ive just signed up for esat bt.they said it will take 21 days due to the demand for the free trial but orig took 10 days.I was on to the reseller of last mile wireless BB,(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=168952&goto=newpost) Tom was very surprised and although he said it doesnt really affect Last mile if edenderry is enabled it will at least get last mile to move their ass,ive been waiting over 2 months to get in the BB and although i would rather get rid of line rental i will take esatbt offer and see what the story is 3 months down the road with last mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

I was on to Last Mile too recently and they said their residential not available yet, only bussiness option but didn't want to pay that much. I am happy that Eircon found long enough cable to reach to us :D I can't get rid of the phone unless I get rid of my wife first :D
    All the best to us :cool:

Hi halkar,

Yeah business package from last mile have about 10 customers or more in edenderry,i thought it was too expensive.

Advertisement