Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Mod News] Transformers - Optimus Prime

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dataisgod wrote:

i had loads of those tranformer toys back in the old days i loved the ones where you buy 5 of em and hook em up. i clearly recall ones based on little racing or stunt cars and then one based on sea creatures

The racing ones were the Stunticons... I had one of the cars and the boss who was a big truck.

I can't recall the names of the sea creatures, but I had the spider/crab type one and the boss who was a sort of an evil turtle with big guns on his back... They had great fight with Megatron in the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

How many movies did M.A.S.K have staring Eric Idle, Leonard Nemoy, and Orsen Wells?
    Case closed tbh.

I think I always perfered Transformers because they were able to show alot more gore than M.A.S.K. You could show a robots arm getting blown off, but not really a humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

evil turtle with big guns on his back
    I think your thinking of a Blastoise from Pokemon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

The racing ones were the Stunticons... I had one of the cars and the boss who was a big truck.

I can't recall the names of the sea creatures, but I had the spider/crab type one and the boss who was a sort of an evil turtle with big guns on his back... They had great fight with Megatron in the comics.

aye those are the ones iirc one of the cars was yellow and then they had the funky sticker thing which you could rub.

the sea creatures were all black and turquoise one of them was like a manta ray and the boss guy with the big guns that would move forward and back when you moved the thing on his back.

i also had this transformer that what looked like a scud missile on this back which turned into a gun when he transformed he as a big one kinda greeny blue any one remember him?

the seacons they are

http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/seacons.html

i wonder what i did with all those toys, probably worth a fortune now and probably got flung in the bin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Nope the used to show them on BBC1, BBC2, UTV, TCC and NET2. Definitly remember watching them from about 7am-8:30am Used to watch them before i went to primo skOoL!
    yeah they started later tho, and none of em are anything as good, what jim said.

I think your thinking of a Blastoise from Pokemon!

He did look alot like Blastoise actually...

His name was Snap Trap, I found him here
    i also had this transformer that what looked like a scud missile on this back which turned into a gun when he transformed he as a big one kinda greeny blue any one remember him?

I had him too.. I think his name was Double Dealer, he could change into a missile launcher and a big bird thing... he was also a power master as he came with a little guy who transformed into his engine.

quality nostalgia going on here. bang oh monkeyfudge double dealer he was

http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1988/doubledealer.html

now to dig out the name of the fighter jet i had. he was a decepticon grey, off white, light blue and purple iirc.

edit - plyd jim found him

http://www.transformerland.com/show_parent_g12.php?action=get_parent&toyid=2552

Probably should have linked this earlier. Its a Transfomer Identifier.

Dataisgod wrote:

now to dig out the name of the fighter jet i had. he was a decepticon grey, off white, light blue and purple iirc.

http://www.transformerland.com/show_parent_g12.php?action=get_parent&toyid=2552

Yes, Dreadwind was pretty cool. I didn't have that one though. He could link up with Darkwing to form an even bigger plane. Handled the letters pages in the comic after Grimlock stopped doing it.

• Advertisement

i think i may have had darkwing as well at some stage. i was looking through the other planes and recogiized octane, quickswitch and trigger happy as ones either i had or perhaps my friends had

One last question! Was the TRUCK optimus primes trailer a transformor or was it just part of optimus prime? I really can't remember?

It was part of Optimus Prime. Whenever he transformed into the truck it would mysteriously appear out of nowhere and attach to the back of him. Although techinally part of him, it was seperate. Think it contained three little robot dudes and could also transform into a gun turret.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well in S01, was only one little thing, looked like a remote control toy, and his gun turret, which survived all of 10secs the time it was used ;)

How did it blow up? Like if its his most powerfull gun why was it so weak!?

How did it blow up? Like if its his most powerfull gun why was it so weak!?
    Sorry, Kami but I really don't understand your question.
    People shot it and it blew up? There's really no other explanation I can give you.

Sorry, Kami but I really don't understand your question.
    Don't blame you i was so tired when i wrote it that i can't remember what i was trying to say! Cheers anyway!

Advertisement