Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi unbalanced ?

• 03-09-2004 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

hey
    i have a netgear 54mbps Wireless adsl router = G standard
    and i ve got a 54mbps wireless card for my laptop = G standard

Downstairs pc is connected via ethernet and laptop above with the wificard.
    Now , lets say i turn on my laptop first then the net on the downstairs pc will be extremley slow ! and if i turn on pc first then the net on laptop upstairs , would be extremley slow !
    I mean its just surfing and its VERY VERY VERY SLOW. infact its un-surfable.

so anyone know what the story is ? like whats the point of getting all this when 2 people cant be on at the same time?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The speed depends on the signal strength - use netstumbler to see that.cf.

Doesn't make any difference if you have a Ferrari or Ford, most of the working week you'd be lucky to average 15mph in Dublin because of the lack of infrastrucutre.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I have a Linksys WAG54g with 2 latops both with Cisco G cards and a desktop with a linksys card - I have had all 3 running ok - no one machine surfing slower than any other.. however I did read in a forum (whirlpool.au afaik) that connections can be slowed for other machines if there is a machine very close to the AP (seems to hog the wireless bandwidth) .. now this hasn't happened to me but may be worth checking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Capt'n Midnight - i dont have a clue what you just said.

parsi - that probably is the case but it shouldnt happen !

Advertisement