Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Album Ever???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

BellX1-Music In Mouth

i LOVE this album. it was glued to my stereo for about 3 months. and i'm going to see them TWO nights in a row in april. they're a fantabulous live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

*Returns*

Oh my god this place has been so boring lately. I wish someone would do something so I could flame them. I long for the days of the alliance of me and Aonghus versus Joycey, ColHol, LiamD and Forde. I never realised how much I missed those times until now. This forum's been so dry lately!

You! Flame that!

GO FÚCK YOURSELF!

happy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nybras: Due to age, ie. the fact that I'm fifteen, I have yet to see Tool live but I have every intention of doing so at the first opportunity. Also, I picked up a Minor Threat demo in Tower last week. It's great. :)

Ana: Haven't seen them live yet but that's such a beautiful album. I wish they did more of the rocked-up songs like White Water Song but my favourite song on that album is West of Her Spine. Can't argue with acoustic guitar that beautiful.

Holligan: Yup! :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Stay the fsck on topic.

If you're dying for a flamefest take it elsewhere. Not on my board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Sorry, Clint.
    Didn't realise that this board aint big enough for the both of us.
    (Do I feel lucky?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Raphael wrote:
    Gig D'agostini...jono, ever heard his song "the riddle"? Tis rather good.

(I like almost any music with decent lyrics)

yep, good stuff alright... u like gigi? he's pure unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

That's the only one of his songs I know tbh....If the lyrics are good, then I'll probably like it though!

Best of albums:

David Bowie
    Queen
    Frank Sinatra
    The Doors

Also,
    Red Hot Cilli Peppers,
    Elvis
    and
    the Beatles #1s
    are all worth a look, but don't go near doing their bands justice.

Ps. I don't believe best of albums could possibly do any good band justice, but thats a list of my favourates.

best of david bowie is rather fantastic. and the essential bob dylan is just super.

Smashing Pumpkins-Rotten Apples is about as good a best-of as you can get I think.

• Advertisement

best of david bowie is rather fantastic. and the essential bob dylan is just super.
    `
    I forgot Dylan's one. Although, it isn't as good as his actual albums. The thing about it is, albums aren't just a bunch of songs. They are arranged in a certain way to set a mood, and composed to suit the mood also. Picking a few of the best songs and putting them into an album together takes them out of the mood they were designed for, so by the most part, this makes them sound less good together. This is the main problem with Elvis' one. I find it applies largely to Dylan's though.

Also, I forgot, the best songs are a matter of opinion, so it'll be different for each person.

(I would have edited that in, but my computer's been a bit tempermental lately, and t'wont work.)

yeah but i don't know anyone who'd say that songs like i want you and like a rolling stone are bestest enough to go the best of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

for the arrangement, has to be u2, all that u cant leave behind

although fin de siecle, divine comedy...

yeah i think that albums are great albums but ''best of'' cds are just great songs

Well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Demon Cleaner

My 16 favorite tracks right now would be:
    Q.O.T.S.A - Another love song,mosquito song and mexicola(eveyone should buy their first album NOW)
    Kyuss - El rodeo, twangy zizzle
    Black Flag - six pack
    The Desert Sessions - screamin' eagle, Polly Wants A Crack Rock
    Beck - Loser
    Ween - voodoo lady
    Muse - hysteria
    Nirvana - aneurysm
    L7 - pretend we're dead
    Jimi Hendrix - Foxy Lady
    Neil Young - Southern Man
    The Animals - House Of the Rising Sun
    Thats all i can think of now

ugh. all of a sudden i'm so pissed off with the state of music. i don't get why bands like the killers do so well when it's just boring contrived ****e with this teeny bit of getup and go. and damien rice. ugh. the songs have no longevity, he ripped the decent ones off from bell x1 and added a violin in the hope that it'd make him stand out a little.

ugh.

I quite like the Killers. And indie rock is hardly my favourite genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

love the killers. but then I do like indie rock.

come on, they're a hell of a lot better than most bands.

oh, and I also like damien rice. thanks for crushing my taste in music...;)

• Advertisement

heh sorry.they were the two bands that i was most pissed off about. wouldn't really call the killers indie rock though. and there are a hell of a lot of bands who are thousands better than the killers.

thousands better? arent you going a slight bit too far?

damien rice isn't a band. :P

technically he is. you go to see damien, tomo, vivienne (or whoever's playing with him these days) and lisa play under the name 'damien rice'. and no, i'm not going a bit far. i really despise the killers.

There are thousands of better acts, and I only hope I get to know and appreciate them all, but I think they're about as good as their genre allows.

yeah, but I've seen him sing without these people before.
    he's been on loads of tv shows on his own(well, with his guitar, but that's not a band member) singing various songs. He doesn't necessarily have to have them everywhere....though Lisa is important, he could sing without her, and has done.

fair enough, you despise the killers, doesn't mean they're a bad band. we all dont have to like every type of music. I despise most pop music, doesnt mean some bands or singers I dont like arent good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I think that OK Computer - Radiohead is IMO one of, if not the best, albums of the '90s. Like most of ye's I'd imagine, I'm ABD (Anything But Dance). Even pop music is better than dance and house mucic.

Right recently ive been listening to K by Kula Shaker. I jus found it many years after listening to it last and i have to say ts all in the arrangement. Its one album that ya just have to stick on and listen to from the start to finish and its one of the only albums i can do this to as one song jus leads into another. I dont know anything about Kula Shaker except that their Colombian and may be Hare Krishnas. Dont know if theyre still a group, when their time would have been (prob early 90s), never heard of them playing any gigs or on the radio or anything. Blody good band though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

mixing is blissful when done right.... never heard of mixing rock/grunge music though :rolleyes: i must have a listen some time

he's been on loads of tv shows on his own(well, with his guitar, but that's not a band member)

How dare you? Guitars are people too.

• Advertisement

Ok, I apologise.

Guitars have more personality then a lot of people anyway ;)

Advertisement