Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire tonight ?

Options
  • 10-07-2000 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone fancy running a game of vampire tonight, at say 8:00 ? We can met in #quake.ie or #vampire ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Maybe,

Not sure yet though. I'll join quake.ie and Vampire at 8pm if i can.

Incidentally, how long does a game take? Whats the format etc?

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well the format is pretty much open to what ever the people want.

There seem to be three main types of play DM which is kind of pointless real and most poeple dont bother with it, scripted games which can be run without a ST and ST run games.

Since the game can be saved it can take as long as people want. As a game it seem to more importent to find a group of players you're happy to play with, and stick with them. The open format means its open to alot of abuse if you just let anyold fool in.

But if its done right and you get in on a good games its the best, EQ say bye bye smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Well I'll give it a go.

But I refuse to say goodbye to EQ ... I've put far too much time into it already.

In Vampire, how many people play - Do you group with 4 people in a server for an ST or Non ST game with hundreds of others about or is it just 4 people versus loads of NPC's?

Can characters move onto to other missions afterwards? Surely this opens the character XP system to abuse? E.g. Regi ST - Congratulations lads you finished the mission - here's 80,000 XP ...

If we group, can one person drop and meet up later? Is the character and position saved on a server? Are these dedicated vampire servers?

So many questions ...

Sorry bout that.

JAK.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 10-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

So many question indeed.

The number of players is 4, maybe it'll change in patch but I dont it, they've pertty much figured four is the max a ST can manage.

Yep the characters can either be kept or moved between games, so yes its open to abuse, but it does mean u can play any level of character you want as suits your game, so you dont get any advantage going it since you dont even need a ST to beef up your character. So cheatings pointless, since its so easy you get no advantgage.

The thing to remember is that this is a true RPG or at least the closeeest to one on a PC I've seen, so most poeple play with ppl they know, and if you do get in on game, act the maggot and they'll kick you before you can say boo, and you'll find your card marked as far as tah group is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I might be able to land my hands on a copy before 8. Doubtful though. Do not wait up. Is anyone else going to be playing?

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Advertisement
Advertisement