Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Secure GPRS

Options
  • 04-09-2004 2:12am

Hi, sorry about the length of this, but its a long story...

I'm trying to set up my Motorola V300 for O2's GPRS. At the moment I'm using O2 but plan to switch to Meteor when the roaming is implemented. The phone was bought in a Meteor pack but I need to have it on O2 for now.

Anyway, I'm having problems with the secure GPRS settings. Any time I try to log in with them, I get two errors. The first error is "Server Authentication Failed". The second is one of two messages (usually no pattern) - either "Domain info mismatch" or "Domain info not present".

I called O2 about the problem and the rep asked me for my phone's software version (TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.1DR_A1). After being put on hold for about 5 minutes she told me that there's an error in my phone's software and I need to get it updated. However I got a friend to flash the phone with TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.4AR, the newest version on the net, but it didn't fix the problem and actually made things worse so I got him to restore it to the orignial s/w. And my uncle has a V300 bought from O2 which has the same s/w version and doesn't have this problem. Was she telling porkies or something??

I'm using these settings:

Gateway: 192.168.90.74
    Service Type: WAP Secure
    Port: 9203
    APN: pp.wap.o2.ie
    Username: user
    Password: user123
    DNS1: 62.40.32.33
    DNS2: 62.40.32.34

I've tried leaving the username and password fields blank, and also using "user" as the password as well. I've also tried using "wap.dol.ie" as the APN but my phone can't find it.

Does anyone know what's up with this? Meteor's secure GPRS works fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

As far as I know there bit about there being a problem with certain software versions is true, however I don't know what the "approved" version is that includes the fix is - it may not be the latest version.
    That might sound odd but it's possible that they were delivered a specific release version to fix what ever the security problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

Karsini wrote:
    Does anyone know what's up with this? Meteor's secure GPRS works fine.

Why are you connecting over the secure port?

Have you tried changing the port to 9200?

O2 have a WAP based e-mail service (MyMail) that requires a secure connection. You cannot sign in with standard wap. Meteor have a similar service but do not require secure wap. Changing the port to 9200 doesn't seem to do anything.

I went into an O2 Retail store in Tralee and the rep told me that I must have been given the wrong info as they are unable to update the software without sending the phone off to a service centre. I was told that they could, lol.

Advertisement