Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First new star trek game in 1-2 years to be Mmorpg apparently

• 04-09-2004 3:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Click me

Odd that paramount would delete threads about this game on its own forums + have pictures on the star trek website server if something wasn’t in the works.........Also Harry Lang head of paramount game development or something has been saying on star trek gaming forums for a while now that a BIG announcement was coming before x-mas he's been saying the new games will not be 1.A squeal 2.Based on a old star trek engine 3.hosted on gamespy (thank ****) i think paramount might FINALY be giving star trek the shot in the arm its been needing.

So would you lot pay to be captain of your own starship online :) (Assuming this isn’t someone pulling a fast one on us)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The game is called Star Trek online is what ive heard?

anyway i cant wait for a official announcment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

A star trek game like battlefeild 1942/vietnam would be the dogs nuts as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i couldent see it wroking almost nothing in it would be cannon except shuttle craft and that ground veicle in Nemesis.

Its quite easy to think of new weapions to be added to the game starfleet walkers starfleet battletanks starfleet ground transport bla bla its not like they dont have the technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

id say its going to be 1 of those pay monthly games ! they totaly anoy me :mad: bring back another bridge commander :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Eldarin

From what i've heard its meant to be like Star Wars Galaxies. where you basicly start on a planet and your destiny is your own. I think that would be the N.U.T.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well one of the pictures that was reported on star trek gameing sites has appeared on the offical startrek website home page ....Seems the rummors are true click meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

i honestly hope this is space based, as opposed to SWG which is planet based and a "space expansion on the way". Star trek is all about space exploration etc. Though I wonder how they will try to execute it in an mmorpg context with regard to time sinks etc. Still, this could be cool,
    /me joins the borg collective to assimilate the alpha quadrant, beware federation scum!!!!

Im unsure how it will work as well its not like you will be walking around earth phasering orcs to level up your stats it has to be based on ships commanded by humans who carry out missions handed out by the admins or mods of the game (starfleet command if you will)

Its been announced

On planets starbases and starships \o/

FAQ

expect it around 2007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

yeah before u come to that link on the st website they have a deadly mouse with the star fleet logo on it, i want that!

Will there be player vs. player combat?
    Some. PvP will not be a primary means of advancement at game launch, but there will be opportunities to test your skills against other players.

nonononononoonno

no pvp = doomed game... look at all the cancellations of major MMO's all are pve fests, have these guys learned nothing?

A PvE focussed game will be boring, damn them :(

Pvp will take place on the holodeck i would think

that is not PvP, duels are meaningless and just a garnish to the game. The game needs REAL PvP, with some value attatched to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

imagine being a guild of rogue klingons on a bird of prey, and you encounter some federation weaklings in neutral space, wouldn't you just love to board their ship and take them down. Wouldn't it be great if the federation ship happened to be filled of other players? fighting for their lives against the barbaian kilngon?

this is the kind of thing i'd love to be able to do in star trek, but you can't do it in a PvE only environment, might as well play a single player game for all the challenge and interactiveity thats on offer.

I never got the point of PvE only mmorpgs. Kill monsters to get exp to level up to kill more monsters to get more exp to level to get money, to buy items to level up too kill more monsters...
    atleast in games like DAOC there is a POINT to the PvE, so that you can take on others in RvR and defend your realm and pit your wits against others.

Well seeming the klingons are the humans allies (and more offen than not get their heads kicked in when takeing on humans) that wouldnt happen anyways.......This mmorpg is based on being part of starfleet you are given jobs by starfleet command which if you compleat your given exp points as a reward i for one am happy there wont be much p v p combat it will keep the assholes off the server's

yea assholes like me,
    but the point is, why pay a monthly subscription for what is ESSENTIALY a single player game.

But I guess I dunno if you have previous MMO experience or not..

but i've played a good few MMO's and trust me, the whole exp grind is complete boredom, but hey i guess if people are willing to shell out 15 euro a month to repeatedly kill computer opponents in a repetitive way, then why shouldn't the games developers cash in on it?

BTW this whole PvPers are assholes attitude is very ignorant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

my only experience with a mmorpg is FF Xi which i never really got into though i think it had potential it was all monster based killing though in parties which was made it interesting

i look forward to this game though it seems a long way off

Advertisement