Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UO

Options
  • 10-07-2000 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

OK,

I am actually playing this (and doing quite well... i think).

What I reeeeaaaalllllyyy need to know is, how the fupp do I get money! I've got 12k saved from killing beasties but it's taking waaaaay to long. Is there a faster, non-macro, non-bore-my-brains-out way?

A wooden, one roomed house costs over 35k!!! I'll never be able to afford that frown.gif

Pah, me wants castle.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Bah! mad.gif I remember when it took months to get 12K of gold.

Kill bigger monsters, or kill other people. The latter is harder in the long run but gives the best results.

Ask Venom, he because a millionaire I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I have a little more than a mil at this stage smile.gif.There is no easy way anymore
    Fishing was great till they nerfed it.
    Stealing was great till they nerfed it.
    Looting was even better as it saved you the time and the regs of having to waste your victim smile.gif

Mining and smithing are the best now to make cash if ya dont want to fight,but it is as boring as hell.

Btw-made my first 1000pp in EQ last night smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

a bugger...

I've been playing for nearly two months now on the Lake Superior shard. Doing my best to struggle toward GM Swordsmanship.

During my lunch break today I legged it south to Trinsic from Britain, kiled an Ogre, a harpy and a giant spider on the way.

From Trinsic I went south (had to check some stuff) killed an Orcish lord and three normal pleb orcs.

went back to Britain throught he countryside and killed another orc, a skeleton, a zombie and another ogre.

With all loot I made a grand total of 647gc.

hmmmmm.....

Spent 100 on reagents. To restock my potion supply.

Bought a few wands, only one of which was healing.

Final amount after a killing/travelling spree

429gc.

This is gonna take years!!!

I think I'll just settle for a small ship.

Venom. Which shard are you on? I'll meet you in the graveyard in Fel. Britain. Bring all your money, leave you armour and weapons and spellbook at home so you don't have to carry as much. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There's a nice little quote on Stratics...

Joining the thieves guild - price 700gp
    Getting disguise kit - price 500gp
    Stealing someones silver vanq weapon and getting away - Priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

why dont you try hanging out in one of the big money spots, it is kinda boring after a while, but you can make a lot of money there.
    Depends what time of day you go at, you would be able to handle water eles, so just buy a rune there and sit there for a while, they give about 300gp each, and just sit there for an hour and you'll have a few k.

• Advertisement
Advertisement