Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Wave-Interference from wireless Hotspot?

• 04-09-2004 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Still having problems getting the ripwave modem from IBB to pick up a signal. I live on upper leeson street near the Burlington hotel. I just found out that the hotel provides Internet access to clients. Not sure if it is wireless though I am going to contact them about it. It could be causing interference with the ripwave signal thus explaining my baffeling lack of luck getting one.

Moo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Moojuice wrote:
    Still having problems getting the ripwave modem from IBB to pick up a signal. I live on upper leeson street near the Burlington hotel. I just found out that the hotel provides Internet access to clients. Not sure if it is wireless though I am going to contact them about it. It could be causing interference with the ripwave signal thus explaining my baffeling lack of luck getting one.
    Any Wi-Fi hotspot will be operating in the 2.4GHz spectrum, and could interfere with the old 2.4GHz Ripwave gear. But the new Ripwave gear operates in the 3.5GHz spectrum, and is not susecptible to interference from a wi-fi hotspot.

(If you open the battery compartment on the bottom of your ripwave unit, there'll be a sticker indicating the model - it should be 3400 something for the new gear).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Thanks for that ripwave. Ill check out the modem when I get home. Pretty sure it is the 3.5 GHZ model.

Moo

Advertisement