Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After playing terminus for a while...

Options
  • 23-07-2000 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

The game rules. The story mode is excellent.

It's totally non-linear and each mission can effect the outcome of the game.

Example: failing to patrol a set of jump gates early in the game could allow a spy vessel to get through which helps a military war fleet to capture Callisto (All the Alien tech revolves around Callisto).

There is also an item called a PVG which allows you to make your own jump points without the use of jump gates. You have do missions to do it though.

Out of Earth/Mars/Pirates/traders I've only played Earth and Pirates.

Earth force was kind of easy and fun. One of the intresting thing about the missions was they were linked into what was going on. So there was at one point 15 Strike Missions, each one was part of a large mission where a capital ship has to run a planet blockade and needs a fleet to back it up. Absolutly awsome watching all the ships heading for the jump gate biggrin.gif I guess this kind of layout is for multiplayer.

Played a spy mission as well, which was werid.

Pirates, seemed kind of harder except for the fact the combat was a hell of a lot easier. The Pirates base is hidden inside an asteroid though and the flight bays get filled often.

Hijacking mission I haven't figured yet (they run away).

Mining is hopelessly easy, and I got bored and ended up just blowing up nearby ships (putting a 80K bounty on my head in Mars space).

I finally figured out how build the ships, pretty cool biggrin.gif Intresting just how to see even something as simple of the engines working when you set them up correctly.

Advertisement