Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else remember these crappy looking toys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I have some knocking about at home somewhere. Lost most if not all the bits, but I could probably find Baron Ironblood, the Kraken, Muton, and Red Vulture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Yeah I remember Action Force. I've (still have stored away) 8 or 9 of these figures. The problem was that some of these figures were just variations on another, so the "Enemy" trooper were just a red German trooper with a different head. Others were the same just with different colours - (snow trooper vs desert trooper).

Attachment scanned from the 1983 Palitoy "Focus on Success" brochure (its amazing the things I horde :D):

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah had a few of them.

From dazberry's pic I had 3 or 4 of the SAS guys at the top. The guy with the gas mask was probably my favourite of them.
    And some of the green guys down in the bottom left.

Like it says on the site, I used to mix them in with my Star Wars figures. Of course because they had no bendable joints they were always killed by my GI Joe figures, purely because I liked the GI Joes better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭moggie

I had tonnes of the stuff
    and got the comic every week

between them, star wars, the later gi joe figures, and the odd star trek/battle star figures the ould games of armies were hot stuff alright ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I always prefered to get G.I. Joe instead of Action Force, because Action Force were boring (weren't they led by some guy called Flynt?) G.I. Joe's range had the likes of ninjas, so they were automatically better. Did anyone else note in the movie 'Dodgeball' that the game is fought with the Joes against the Cobras....

Oh yeah and if you want to set up fights between your toys, you should read G.I. Joe vs The Transformers, a 4-part comic book series that you can pick up. G.I.Joe international heroes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Pah, they were nothing on the original Action Man. Almost all the uniforms, weapons equipment etc. were modelled on real WW2 stuff. I had a ton of it that I collected through old toy stores, notices in supermarkets etc. Still floating about in the attic somewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

had a few of them and the tank which was brilliant. battery operated but it wasnt remote control. ye controled it by moving the top gunners turret where the action fiugure sood in to it. has 2 forwards and 1 reverse gear and could turn as well.
    ditto to what ioxy said as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

How can you think they where "crappy"? These (along with the transformer toys) were the some of the best out there! I'll admit the early action force toys were a bit shoddily made but once GIJoe came out over here (aka action force) they where by far the coolest army toys! I actually found some of the oriigional toys in a toy shop in Newry this weekend, it was the crossover between GI Joe and Street Fighter, with Guile and a cobra tank..... ah the memories!

Advertisement