Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flogging molly

Options
  • 04-09-2004 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

any fans?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

yup big time. might be playing with them in Jan in the states too. and they are playing here again in nov i think

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Won tickets of the MCD for their last gig here but couldnt go :( Have liked what I've heard, but tbh that isn't alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Won tickets to their gig last year too. But I wasn't all that impressed tbh. They were good, but I wouldn't pay any proper amount of money to see them. Just a lesser version of Blood Or Whiskey really... (Though They've probably been around far longer)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

dregin-x wrote:
    Won tickets of the MCD for their last gig here but couldnt go :( Have liked what I've heard, but tbh that isn't alot.

Same here.

Under 18s bull.

I'll try again this November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CKY

nov 24th tbmc 20euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

ah,I thought I was the only one :D
    yeah, love em, would really like to see them sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Won tickets to their gig last year too. But I wasn't all that impressed tbh. They were good, but I wouldn't pay any proper amount of money to see them. Just a lesser version of Blood Or Whiskey really... (Though They've probably been around far longer)

Blood or Whiskey are a much different outfit, more of a basic punk band with banjo and whistle added in, banjo player does a lot of great lines, they're singer's a lot more punk sounding too.

Flogging Molly are more ballad based with accordian a much bigger element of their sound, still do punk stuff but more like green day spliced with the Pogues, with a high pitched Ronnie Drew on vocals hehe

Really like Flogging Molly myself their first gig here in Whelans was one of the best I've ever been to, they even passed a bottle of Jameson around. Can't believe they left out Cruel Mistress at the TMBC gig!

Any of you Metal fans you should check out Cruachan here

still loads of tickets left for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

How strict will the Music Centre be on ages? I'd love to see this but will there be ID checking or anything?

they usually are really strict, loadsa people being turned away last time, just by chance when i was walking in the bouncer was looking the other way even tho i had ID, you could chance that

i wish alcohol was banned at things its so unfair on u18s, how can they claim they want to get rid of underage drinking when they imply drinking is more important than a good time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

i wish alcohol was banned at things its so unfair on u18s, how can they claim they want to get rid of underage drinking when they imply drinking is more important than a good time
    Agree completely. It's done well at some gigs. Olympia is usually good the way the bar is seperate and you can't get into it without ID. And it was brilliant at Green Day in the Ambassador where the bar was only open upstairs. But it just can't really be done with some venues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭MÓC

I like the Tune from Tony Hawks 4 ... haven't listened to much of their stuff though

haha YAY! im 18 october

can anyone help me out about accomadation,whats it like around temple bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nebula

hey, I'm going to ireland in october/november.. is there a chance they are playing then?

FLOGGING MOLLY
    PLUS
    STREETDOGS AND THE BRIGGS
    TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE
    WED 24-NOV-O4 7.30PM
    Price Range: 20.00

HOLY****!!!!!!!

just found this on street dogs website!!

Wednesday November 24, 2004
    With Flogging Molly, The Briggs
    Dublin, Ireland- MUSIC CENTER

Friday November 26, 2004
    Cork, Ireland - THE VAULT

Saturday November 27, 2004
    Limerick, Ireland- DOLANS WAREH

Sunday November 28, 2004
    Belfast, Ireland- TBA

ive called the vault and the gig is unconfirmed.
    i rang dolans but they had a voice thing comp so i got annoyed and hung up

hmmm may go to all but the cork gig, best news ever!

Advertisement