Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia - extending ethernet cable

• 04-09-2004 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

So I want to run a longer cable from my router (10M). AFAIK I don't want a regular ethernet - I need a crossover cable. Can anybody confirm this for me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

So I want to run a longer cable from my router (10M). AFAIK I don't want a regular ethernet - I need a crossover cable. Can anybody confirm this for me?
    Whether you need a crossover cable or not depends on what devices you plan to connect together - it would be a bit unusual to plug a cross-over cable into the LAN port of a router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

Sorry - I said router = I meant DSL modem. It's a netopai 3300 series - the default eircom one. I was just wondering if the ethernet cable is a regular one or a crossover cable. Apologies for the confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Sorry - I said router = I meant DSL modem. It's a netopai 3300 series - the default eircom one. I was just wondering if the ethernet cable is a regular one or a crossover cable. Apologies for the confusion.
    Technically speaking, the 3341 is a router.

Accoring to the maual The Ethernet port is auto-sensing, eliminating the need for a crossover cable. (Page 11)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

Thanks!

Advertisement