Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accessing eircom.net from a mobile

Options
  • 05-09-2004 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

can anyone help me to get access to my eircom.net email account from my sonyericsson t630. I am on the O2 network and can access the web and O2.ie emails. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, you need to set up a new email account in the email client settings and configure it with your account user/pass and eircom.net mail server details

then set it to connect using the relevant O2 GPRS "internet" connection or Dial-Up ISP connection as set-up in your Data Communication accounts

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shorty123

Hi and thanks for the info. When I try to send and recieve my emails using eircom I get the server not found message. What I really need are the correct settings. Obviously I know my login, password etc but its the other sections, 'Connect using', 'Protocol', 'incoming and outgoing ports', 'incoming and outgoing server'. Please Please help.

Thanks

Shorty123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I connect to my eircom.net email using a K700 and it works fine. I'm with Vodafone but it's the same basic setup for O2 aswell.

Connect using: Point it to your O2 GPRS internet account.
    Protocol: POP3
    Incoming server: mail1.eircom.net
    Incoming port: 110
    Mailbox: Enter xxxxxx, where xxxxxx@eircom.net is your email address.
    Password: Self explanatory
    Outgoing server: mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing port: 25
    Email address: Self explanatory
    Download: Choose either Headers only or Headers and Text
    From name: Self explanatory

That should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

shorty123 wrote:
    Obviously I know my login, password etc but its the other sections, 'Connect using', 'Protocol', 'incoming and outgoing ports', 'incoming and outgoing server'. Please Please help.

you may have missed the About to ask how to get connected... sticky

to use the email client you need to connect with an ISP (not WAP) connection, you refers to an existing Data Account profile you have set up in Communications|Data Comm.

if you are checking your O2 email using the email client then use the same one, if you are using the WAP browser to check your O2 email then don't and check what Data Comm. profiles you have set up - if there are no ISP accounts then call 1740 to check the ISP internet (post-pay) or pp.interent (pre-pay) Access Point is set up (provisioned) for you account - they should also be able to help you configure it

all the email configs are default bar the mail server and you user/pass, follow those posted above - eircom also list them in their support pages

Advertisement