Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

surviving ted "red neck" nugent

• 05-09-2004 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

saw the ads was curious watched it horrified

what band was ted nugent in?
    i guess the show sparked off from his cribs visit where instead of a porche he showed them his hydrolic hunting hide

right so among the tasks of removing the urine from a dead deer nugent killed

and the race at the end where he chases them across his ranch in a helicopter and netguns them

there was a game of chicken, where they were bails of hay marked with dollar amount and then had to run down this field towards a truck and jump aside when you chicken out,

ok so first guy runs off but he doesn't chicken out and runs straight into the truck smashing the screen... i think he thought the truck would stop, that it was just a game.. it was so bizarre immediately they shooed the other constestents away and called an amazing, i think nugent exclaimed "whoops that unfortunate" yerman was on the ground shaking and was taken away by ambulance...

later that night the ranch hand came to the contestant camp and said stop whining he'll be ok now go to sleep ya gotta get up in the morn"... and thats it he didnt care...

classic line from the vegan contestant i think ya gotta realise were dealing with red necks here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ted Nugent rocks, sad I missed it! Repeats anytime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

chewy wrote:
    what band was ted nugent in?

Not sure if he was in a a band or did his own solo stuff, his song "Cat Scratch Fever" is pretty good though

Just my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

pretty crazy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ted Nugent started off in the Amboy Dukes (late 60s) before going solo. He had lots of album success in the 70s and has been living off his "Wild Man Of Rock" reputation ever since.

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

haven't seen it yet, but his cribs pissed me off, he's a real red neck, his adoration for everything dead and hairy.

A part of me has an interest in seeing people get hit by cars, some kind of morbid fascination I guess. Another part of me doesn't want to support this drop in standards on TV (its not the worst show, anyway).

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

just saw the start of it that i missed the previous day has no-one else seen this? first thing in the morning he wakes the guys up with his huge extra long chainsaw and with lots of bravado tells em to stand back while he cuts down a medium sized tree with the thing so they can cut it up into firewood as a task...

so broom broom cut cut then the tree slides off it's trunks and falls over on him and some of the contestants and either he still had the chainsaw going or a sharp branch from the tree gashed his leg... he cries medic medic and one of the guys says "we're ok" he says im not as you see him getting carted off in an ambulance bleeding the idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Sounds cool. He's such a pyscho, it's hillarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

hes very annoying and i hated his cribs too.
    however to see ur man get knocked down. hilarious. didnt know to luagh or not though. but man it was funny. lol.

oh and the girl in the bikini in the hottub.. hot............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

He has ( or had, as case may be ) his own hunting show. I can't even recall the name of it now. Scarey enough him walking around in the woods with a lethal weapon looking for things to shoot. I watched part of it once , Bleh .....won't do that again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

hes a dirty inbred scumbag is what he is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement