Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 DVD+RW for €29.97 in PC World

• 05-09-2004 2:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭

25 PCLine DVD+RW for €29.97 in PC World.
    This is pretty good, because the last time I looked they were €59.99.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Compared to internet stores that is still a crap price, and god knows what they are like. I would be very wary of PC line stuff from past experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Have to agree with John R, I bought 50 PC Line CDR's two years ago, just 1 out of 10 burned sucessfully, keep away, I bought 35 Verbaims off SVP for around that, and they are a great disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Thats funny, because I have never had any problems with PC Line DVD +RW in the past. 100% success. Have copied over 30 DVD's from the video store without fail. Maybe its your DVD drive.
    Also, I cant find anywhere cheaper for 25 DVD +RW.
    PriceRunner is the cheapest site http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/computing/storage/cd-dvd-media/freetext?sort=15&a_search=&a_type=DVD%2BRW&a_number=25&a_speed=&subm=Search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I'm going to think twice before buying cheap media from now on. Brandless CD-R's I bought in bulk over a year ago are disintegrating now, although I had no trouble burning to them at the time. I'm getting a lot of CRC read errors, and lots of the data on the discs is irretrievable.

Checked again today in PC world Limerick and they have reduced the price to €14.97 for 25 DVD +RW.
    I bought these before (PC Line) and never had one coaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,053 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I wish people would stop posting false bargains.
    30 euro for 25 discs is expensive.

Obviously you didnt read the post before yours.
    €14.97 for 25 DVD+RW (Re-Writeable) is not expensive. Maybe you can point me to a cheaper site.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

Even at €30 this does sound like a bargin to me - they are rewritable afterall. You can't say that €15 isn't a great bargain for 25 RW's. Thanks for the info 10000maniacs

Obviously you didnt read the post before yours.
    €14.97 for 25 DVD+RW (Re-Writeable) is not expensive. Maybe you can point me to a cheaper site.

It is a very good price, the only other place that stocked DVD+RW discs for less than €1 per disk was svp.co.uk and they don't have that particular brand at the moment, they were about 90c per disk not 60c as here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

just to update this,was in pcworld (limerick), bought these and was only charged €12.50!! Haven't tested them yet but this seems like an excellent deal. Not many left when i was in there though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭MazdaMan

Any idea what speed these burn at.

Also does anyone know where I can get 8x DVD+ disks on the cheap, no credit card...looking for a bricks and morter store. :D

pc world in Blanchardstown have these for €30 and in Liffey Valley they are €25.

The pricing in those stores is all over the place, they were selling 25 pc line DVD+R for €54 at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

IT Diret in Dublin City Center has pretty good price on memorex DVD+R, cant remember but its something around 15 for 25 discs

Advertisement