Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To PK where no man has PK'ed before.

Options
  • 25-07-2000 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

That aint out here yet, is it?

Also, anyone heard if Alleigance is any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't know. The company that releases it seem to be an up and coming one.

The reason being the advertising involved in it has been almost 0. Most of the RPG sites didn't even know about the game until it was released.

Dunno about Allgience, it's MS isn't it?

Terminus has a non linear storyline, so if you can't complete a mission your not trapped in the game (in fact it has werid outcomes later on).

Taken from Station Terminus.
    Monday July 3 European Release

A large number of emails have been coming in from people in Europe, most of them from the UK, asking when Terminus will be available to them. I apologize for not responding to everyone, there were too many, so I will make this news post instead. I asked Karthik about the European distribution deal and he said that they are still working on it.

Until then, for those who can afford it, you can order Terminus from Vicarious Visions' online store or through EBWorld. If you would rather not pay the shipping fees and costs associated with importing the game, there may be another alternative. I spoke with Coudrak about locations in Europe and he suggested that BlackOrange might be carrying Terminus soon. He also mentioned ordering from Arktis in Germany.

If anyone knows of a low-cost, legal way for people in Europe to get Terminus, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 25-07-2000).]

I finally tried Terminus online. Eventually found a server that wasn't laggy for me.

So to start off I headed for the Ateriod Outpost (Hidden Pirate base in the asteroid field). Mined a little and then bought a Durango and sat on an Asteroid for a while.

Started to head back and some moron in another ship started attacking me. I had the Durango laid out with cool defense, and I managed to dock but not without blowing out most my systems and dropping cargo (to get him off my back).

So he's sitting outside the base telling me to come out you newbie! Sheesh.

Now I had been mining mainly gold and urainum, so I went from 10k to 2.5Million. biggrin.gif

So first off I posted a 1 million bounty on his head. It took a while but from watching the Nav Sensors inside the station and the fact he went quiet all of a sudden I guess someone wanted to take up that bounty. biggrin.gif

So while he's trying to escape, I start building my Eclipse with stealth/immobilers, heavy armor and tracking device (so I could follow him). Then I gave chase.

Ended up at the Lunar outpost where he last jumped too. As my ship was fitted out with illegal weaponary, I couldn't dock so I sped out a bit from the jump gate then sent out a distress beacon.

Sure enough he thought I was damaged, he comes in slow and fires off a couple of missiles, I let them all hit (95% hull after) and then plead with him not to kill me, so he comes in then to finish me off. biggrin.gif When he gets to 40k distance I open up on him and blow the SOB away! biggrin.gif He didn't even dent my armor.

Didn't see him after that.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 25-07-2000).]

Advertisement