Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planescape: Torment

Options
  • 20-07-2000 5:21pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know its been out for ages but I am curious as to who has played this game. Personally, I think its the best RPG ever created (I never played UO etc. so maybe those heads would disagree). Best single player rpg in any case. Way better than BG and the like.
    The 9th level spells have their own movies for christ's sake, they're so powerful! Everything is so lovingly crafted.
    I can't remember a game with such a great plot. Its more like an interactive novel than a RPG. I mean that in a complimentary way wink.gif Normal life can now resume but on the off-chance that people haven't played this game, I had to sing its praises. Its a gem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Bullitt

Yep thanks Max i'll give it a look over .. but at the moment i am flat broke so i'll be waiting for a while i'd say

Bullitt
    "I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I
    just squandered" - George Best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Hey, here's a planescape torment thread. Yay.

I have to agree with you. This is the best rpg out based on the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons thingy. It won tons of rpg of the year awards last year too when it came out. I wouldn't say it's THE best rpg ever cause I am a big fan of console rpgs and there are some excellent ones around but Torment definitely rocks.

Questions for Maximilian:
    Just started playing this and in the lower ward. What's the best class to play? I like mage (lv7) cause the spells look great but leveling fighter (lv6) at the moment. Thief is also at lv4 but I gave up on being a thief cause there's really no use for it. And what about factions. I know if I join the dustmen for example, I can buy stuff from them but what good are factions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just started playing this and it is superb. Excellent black humour as well smile.gif now to find the needle and thread on lev3 (yes i havent got very far yet smile.gif )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭OmiOmi

anyone that can borrow it? =D

I thought I saw this on budget last month. Or you can rent it out, make a full install with no-cd hacks (make sure you have 2gig free). Or copy it I suppose but that's morally wrong and illegal etc.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I stayed as a warrior for the whole thing. But it might be worth sticking as a mage. The level 9 spells are awesome. Join all the factions. I didnt join the dustmen because I thought I would have to stay as one. But you can chop and change to your hearts content. Don't bother with thief. You get someone into your party whos quite good. Its a waste of experience. Stick with warrior or mage.

Out into the Hive and this is just getting better and better smile.gif fabulous atmosphere, and Morte's comments are hilarious - an oversexed flying skull on the loose in the redlight district...

i love his comments if you try to de-equip his teeth weapon smile.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah, Morte's gas. Try removing the clothes from female companions later! Where are you so far?

Oh by the way, if I can give you one tip. If you ever come across (morte would love that) a bronze sphere, hold on to it for the whole game. you may have to part company with it for a while, but get it back later on and hold on to it. That's all I'll say.

[This message has been edited by Maximilian (edited 26-07-2000).]

Just wandering around the Hive doing stuff people are asking me to to rack up a bit of experience and maybe dig up some useful items.

Hanging around in bars and making a nuisance of myself - bit like RL really smile.gif btw I got an offer to join the Dustmen but didn't cos they seem a bit crap and I also thought I would be stuck with them - is there any advantages to doing so??

I love the way you can improve Morte's Litany of Curses thingie by getting people to insult you - arguing with the prostitutes in the Hive is great for this I find smile.gif I shall keep me eyes peeled for any bronze spheres, tho I am trying to hang on to as much stuff as possible anyway because of these portals and that - some of the things that open em are somewhat odd.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 26-07-2000).]

No you don't get held to a faction. I was changing around between some later on. I never encountered any adverse effects from so doing. I did the same re portal keys. Luckily later on they tend to be words or thoughts and you can dump the rubbish.

• Advertisement

Here's a tip, don't kill the burning mage for a measely 1k exp in the burning corpse inn wink.gif

Advertisement