Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spy Bot

Options
  • 05-09-2004 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else ever get spy bot and find that the same detection keeps coming up (DSO exploit) .If anyone has found this and knows how to fix it please tell
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

What?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

DSO Exploit ain't much to worry about to be honest
    Its just something belong to windows afaik

Its the same as when you run spybot on a fresh install of windows it'll find Alexa internet, a few things just came with default install
    weedhead wrote:
    What?

As for this, you should have posted your question in Windows forum not the security forum.
    Thats why Dogs moved your post.

Please read the Security Charter - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176702

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

weedhead wrote:
    Did anyone else ever get spy bot and find that the same detection keeps coming up (DSO exploit) .If anyone has found this and knows how to fix it please tell
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

The longer I have skybot the more I think its just a scam!!!!, since installing it I'm getting multiple popups advertising spyware protection but what took the biscuit :o was when I saved the skybot and loaded it on another computer to-day and next time I went on the web, guess what, multiple popups advertising adware and spyware products and this computer is only conected by dialup.

I ran spybot again and again but still came up with differant problems each time, seriously thinking of uninstalling it,,,, any one else experiencing this ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Try running Adaware as well as spybot is not always 100% affective, you properly have two problems

1. You use IE, nuff said.
    2. You must have something installed thats causing pop-ups, ala Kazaa, Datemanager etc etc etc

Plain and simple, spybot does not have spyware/adware included in it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I run Spybot, SpywareBlaster and Ad-aware 6. Seems to keep the system clean, but I have to run a scan every week or so.

Advertisement