Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cdwow

Options
  • 05-09-2004 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Anyone know how I can get vouchers for CDWOW???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Read through this thread, the info might be out of date now.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=177967

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 graciek

Just got an email back from CD Wow in case anyone's interested...they don't do vouchers, which is a bit ridiculous because you can get them on pigsback...aw well!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

hey, i'v found that if you order cds from cdwows hong kong website i think its cdwow.com.hk that its actully cheaper,strange but true, might save you looking around for vouchers, not much cheaper but might save you the cost of a cup of coffee..or a scone..hmm scones...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Alana wrote:
    hey, i'v found that if you order cds from cdwows hong kong website i think its cdwow.com.hk that its actully cheaper,strange but true, might save you looking around for vouchers, not much cheaper but might save you the cost of a cup of coffee..or a scone..hmm scones...

It used to be up to €3.00 cheaper if you bought from the HK site but IRMA and the English equivalent threatened to bring CDWOW to court for Parallel selling. But they came to an agreement and CDWOW put a tax (of sorts) onto any CDs that were to be delivered to Irish or British addresses.

It's all been debated here in great detail, just do a search for more details.

At the moment though, it's cheaper to buy from CDWOW UK but not much cheaper!!

Typical CD:-

cdwow.ie - €13.99
    UK cdwow - £8.99 = €13.22
    cdwow.hk - HK$131 = €13.73

Although if you use the the discount vouchers that you can find here (have to use UK site though!) you can get a CD for as little as €10

B.

Advertisement