Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Ripwave problems

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

IBB might sell batteries as accessories but Navini, the company that make Ripwave don't manufacture them anymore afaik. Its a fairly awkward looking battery by the looks of the battery compartment. Not the bog standard AA anyway!!! I'd be interested in seeing how far the signal actually goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rubbergirl

Tried IBB and they directed me to Navini who then directed me back to IBB. I've also done extensive searches to try and source one to no avail... does look like I'm gonna get one at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Well I have moved from Leeson Street to the Quays (Near Voddoo Lounge) and the ripwave works really well. It gets a connection within seconds of turning it on and its an amber light. I havent tried it near a window yet but I am hoping that when I do I will get a better signal. Download speeds are pretty good. So far so good anyway. The USB Modems are terrible but the ethernet ones seem to be ok.

Moo

Advertisement