Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't access work forum...

• 05-09-2004 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Have I been banned for some reason?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

PM the mods.

EDIT: Forgot to mention; Yes, you have been banned from Work, I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

No prob.

Do you know who the mods are?

Cheers.

WhiteWashMan and pebble.

Cheers.

I don't know why i've been banned. I think my posts there are informative/I don't take the piss.

It's probably because I mentioned a court case coming up against Stelfox, although i don't know why the mods would have a problem with that.

Are you for real?

• Advertisement

Hey, at least I amn't unreasonable/on some weird internet power trip.

Find a post in the Work forum where I am taking the piss. There are none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You're probably banned because you did exactly what Whitewashman asked you not to, and also he seemed just a *tad* pissed off that it had caused him to receive legally threatening messages.

Hey, nothing I said in the thread was false. If Stelfox have a problem with people pointing out how they break the law, then they really need some reflection time.

I've just had a look at that thread and let's just say that I'm not in the mood for yet another Johnny Versace "I know the score" spiel. As far as I can tell WWM removed you from the forum because he didn't need the grief and I'd recommend not PMing him about it because it'll only waste his time and yours.

And this is in the wrong forum and not up for discussion here.

JV, do you have any idea how irritating it is that you piss people off and cause people ****e and we can't even point this out because you just don't get it?

• Advertisement

Hey, nothing I said in the thread was false. If Stelfox have a problem with people pointing out how they break the law, then they really need some reflection time.

But just to be clear. If you ever find yourself involved in such a thread again then bear in mind that you're not really the best person to be making that judgement. If you are explicitly warned by a moderator and you go against that warning based on such a "Johnny knows best" philosophy then you will be banned.

ecksor: why are you always playing the tough guy on the internet? It's... strange.

If you really prefer people to lie and say Stelfox have always given holiday pay & do not charge people for paying their wages... well then, I really don't know what this place is coming to.

My posts in that thread were defo not worse than anyone else's.

But whatever...

ecksor wrote:
    But just to be clear. If you ever find yourself involved in such a thread again then bear in mind that you're not really the best person to be making that judgement. If you are explicitly warned by a moderator and you go against that warning based on such a "Johnny knows best" philosophy then you will be banned.

Um i wasn't explicitly warned by a moderator. His post was directed at a different user.

As your previous post stated, lets not get into a discussion here. You can lock this thread now if you wish.

ecksor: why are you always playing the tough guy on the internet? It's... strange.

As long as it gets the message through. I'm really annoyed and I can see why WWM was annoyed even if you don't.
    If you really prefer people to lie and say Stelfox have always given holiday pay & do not charge people for paying their wages... well then, I really don't know what this place is coming to.

Now hang on, WWM specifically made reference to sticking to the facts in his last post on that thread. That doesn't mean "facts with commentary and name calling". As was kinda pointed out on that thread it helps nobody if you can't figure out how to make a post that mods and admins can't be comfortable with.

In future try more facts, no name calling and less of the "here's the score" in favour of "make up your own mind" and see if you get more mileage out of it.
    Um i wasn't explicitly warned by a moderator. His post was directed at a different user.

He quoted your post and said not to interfere. Who did you think he was directing that at?

As your previous post stated, lets not get into a discussion here.

Well, I specifically meant the Feedback forum, not Help, but if you don't want to have a discussion, then don't start a discussion.
    You can lock this thread now if you wish.

It would be very instructive to know if you said that to try to annoy me or if you just said it because it seemed like the natural thing to say.

Advertisement