Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric picnic review

Options
  • 05-09-2004 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

electric picnic
    got to the gates at about 1pm, a few people had gathered and it reminded me of the first witness, a few people out to c what this new festival was about, gates opened at about 2.45 in time for the match, we went straight to the bud / comedy tent , where it was shown on a large screen and we were treated to half time and end of match analysis by the apres match lads, they were fairly good, the weather was so good that for once people were staying outside the tents, i thought i was going to an electric themed show, but it turned out to be a comedy one! the acts were so good, we stayed till about 8pm, des bishop was the compere and he really kept the thing going, doherty was first up with his keyboard antics, slagging off david kitt as he was drowning him out, then we had colin murphy ,who was fairly good and im starting to think that jason byrne may have paid eddie bannon to go on before him so jason would look so good. unfortunatley eddie hadnt read the crowd well enough, and was trying to get us to sing wonderly wagon, just a little bit too old for most of the crowd.
    then the moment we were waiting for..... the king of comedy....
    des bishop introduced the mad cat- jason byrne as he came running onto stage he started his assault, he spotted a guy with cruthches and started hitting his broken leg with the stick, we were in bits... then he pulled the house plants off the wall and made us surf them around the venue with people attached to them, i dont think he was on the stage for half the show. everyone was in bits, he ended the show with a hip hop song freestyling with some homees he got out of the crowd about ploughing, what a guy.
    the last act up was tommy tiernan, unfortunatley due to his popularity, we couldnt get into the tent, saw a bit of the super fureys they were excellent, and groove armada.... they were serving bud which was nice and cold and no major queues, it was a pretty good day in the end and glad i went to laois instead of slane..............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

maccamad wrote:
    ...and glad i went to laois... QUOTE]

Wow. You won't hear that very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Des Bishop was...GOOD? Had someone slipped some E into his drink or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

My sister attended said festival as well and had a good time but had less than nice things to say about transport. bus service was provided by bus eireann and she says it was pretty awful on the way in (last bus left at 4) and it was virtually non existant on the way back...something like 5 buses for serveral thousand people. also i heard it was a pain to get out...there was only one exit down a crappy little road and it took em 2 hours to get out.anybody else have a similar experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭maccamad

yeah the exit was small enough but we got out in about 20 min, the buses bad idea, we hired a 8 seater taxi, €25 return and dropped us to our houses as opposed to middle of town, u have to remember first time gigs, its very difficult to get it all right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

ah im not blaming the organisers that much...cept for the exit. i think it was poor form of bus eireann. i mean even dublin bus got it right for marley park..and there run by the same people! they were lucky they saw a local cabbie that had 2 places left. he only charged em a tenner each!

• Advertisement
Advertisement