Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Based UO server

Options
  • 10-08-2000 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    This is just a message to see what sort of a response we get. We are thinking about setting up a UOX Server on our Netshop server (we have a 10 meg line on a webfarm server in Ireland) and we want to know would any of you play on it? UOX stands for UO eXperiment. It is a UO Server Emulator which would allow us to set up our own UO Shard.

If you would be interested please leave a post here or mail me (preferably a post, I get aprox 200 e-mails a day).

Gambler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Jag's here (I won't let him near the machine) but he says...
    I have a fully populated world done with UOX with quests and events, it's about over 2 months of work (5 people were working on it).

If you want to save some time you can take it and use/build from it. I can even give them a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

YEAH! Jag, mail me asap K?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 *Sovereign*

it would be alittle hard to fill the shard with people...and how many people would be on it in the day time...the shard may be left idol in the day,put it up for a month and see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You should read up on UOX more smile.gif

To run a full UO server would require a load of servers running together. Normally UOX works on a certain part of the map, so it is somewhat smaller but as for finding people it might not be a problem.

Advertisement