Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Stomach Competition

Options
  • 05-09-2004 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

For those new to the college (welcome), this is the amazing highlight to an otherwise piss-poor rag-week. Dinna dare miss it in February.. :D

Ironstomach.jpeg

That's me by the way, when I had the ol' ginger beard :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...sounds like fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

........ew........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

strawberry wrote:
    ........ew........

AhaH! Ah sure tis a deadly laugh.. Dya not see the bird there too? Fair play to her, she's not a bad lookin' lass either (it's a very bad pose). That's the base of the camponile behind us if the orientation is botherin ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

fair play to the guy on the far left, seems a stroll to him

Haha, he lost though.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

what else happens in rag week? i thought that rag week was at the end of the year like in school?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww ............ Now thats just disgusting!

what else happens in rag week? i thought that rag week was at the end of the year like in school?

Rag week + school!!?? I er.. what? I was under the impression that rag week was purely a college phenomenon. Nah, it's always between Jan and Mar. What else happens? Bugger all in trinity 'cept people just botherin ya tryin to take your money. HELLO student here! My money is carefully budgeted for alcohol!! Haha :D

You were askin bout freshers week in another thread. Yeah it's quality. In ours I went saw some great live bands, took part in (most peeps there did) a "blind-date" like show hosted by a hilariously funny transvestite, went to many a club entirely filled with other freshers and got hypnotised into believing I was giving birth. The last was certainly very strange (me being a fella n all), especially since I thought one of my mates was the father.. :confused:

KittyKat wrote:
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww ............ Now thats just disgusting!
    tsk tsk.. :rolleyes:

After 5 minutes watchin it you woulda become accustomed/immunised to it fairly quicksmart. Everyone was throwin up all over the the shop! Ah youda been glad if you had heard the range of things we were eating... :eek:

Now I hardly expected it (quite the opposite infact) but I dinna think I've ever been approached by more members of the opposite sex than after that (soon as the ginger-beard was gone I mean ;) ). Yis prob won't believe me but tbh I don't really care.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

apexaviour wrote:
    got hypnotised into believing I was giving birth. The last was certainly very strange (me being a fella n all), especially since I thought one of my mates was the father.. :confused:
    What's it like being hypnotised? Do you remember anything? I've always wanted to try it but afriad I'd let something out that I want to keep in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I like how you kept your hands in your pockets as you spewed.
    Very dignified.

• Advertisement

Kappar wrote:
    What's it like being hypnotised? Do you remember anything? I've always wanted to try it but afriad I'd let something out that I want to keep in.

Talkin to some of the others afterwards, some remembered, others didnt. He gives you a choice at the end, you can remember it if you want or not. I remembered it but my sense of time was seriously distorted.. I thought it was only bout 20 mins but I was under for an hour n a half!

You gotta be willing, because if yerman thinks you're not gettin hypnotised he'll send you back to your seat.. You do lose a serious amount of inhibitions but keep in mind you are always in control. ie if your told to do something that you have a BIG problem with (eg take ur top off, say some deep secret), you won't do it.. Dinna worry lassie if the hypnotist pushes the issue you'll just wake out of your reverie and refuse him point blank. He knows this so he won't.

Sleipnir wrote:
    I like how you kept your hands in your pockets as you spewed.
    Very dignified.

All I can say was that it was fruckin FREEZIN! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

apexaviour wrote:
    For those new to the college (welcome), this is the amazing highlight to an otherwise piss-poor rag-week. Dinna dare miss it in February.. :D

Ironstomach.jpeg

That's me by the way, when I had the ol' ginger beard :p

ugh with des beside ye not looking too healthy n all, iron stomach is quality....wouldn't quite do it myself but its quite entertaining as a spectator sport ;) ye manage to puke on anyone? ;)

apexaviour wrote:
    In ours I went saw some great live bands, took part in (most peeps there did) a "blind-date" like show hosted by a hilariously funny transvestite, went to many a club entirely filled with other freshers and got hypnotised into believing I was giving birth

Lol sounds like fun, I'd be well up 4 that!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

fresser's week really does sound like fun,

joe

are u finished in tcd joe?

Nah Joe's a noob like you and me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

not only am i a nood, i was once thrown out of trinty for distributing advertisements about a thing my school had on, while people were studing for exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

not only am i a nood, i was once thrown out of trinty for distributing advertisements about a thing my school had on, while people were studing for exams

Trinity security arn't really the type of Guys I'd feic around with. Most students/ Nearly all, go through college never having to deal with them. But it ****e starts they do their job, and do it well.

When you stay on their good side they're very nice, or if you want to put this in childrens rhymes

if you are good then they're very very good,
    but if you are bad then you're ****ed.

though my sister and her friends do have a few pictures of their last week in trinity when they went around and posed with every security guard they recognised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Most of the security are grand but there's a couple that you should make note of when you encounter them

• Advertisement

I was lucky I had a sound one when I was arrested on campus...

Man, that sounds so BAD... Dinna think less of me :p;)

I'm sure you can't have done something as bad as my mate, he was pissing on the chapel steps and wouldn't believe us that a guard was coming.

John2 wrote:
    I'm sure you can't have done something as bad as my mate, he was pissing on the chapel steps and wouldn't believe us that a guard was coming.

Ahah, brilliant! :D

But did he get handcuffs put on him (to the clear site of everyone around) and then led off to Pearse st station?

i was once thrown out of trinty for distributing advertisements about a thing my school had on

did you go to CBC smith?

apexaviour wrote:
    Ahah, brilliant! :D

But did he get handcuffs put on him (to the clear site of everyone around) and then led off to Pearse st station?

No, he got off pretty lightly. What did you do?

John2 wrote:
    No, he got off pretty lightly. What did you do?

Let's just say if it was in the UK, 'twud only have been a confiscation.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

apexaviour wrote:
    Let's just say if it was in the UK, 'twud only have been a confiscation.. ;)

Quiet an amazing achievement getting pulled for that. I mean christ you hear rumors and myths but you never expect to meet of someone who's that unlucky.

Btw the guy on the door at the buttery kept mistaking me for a security guard.

Mates of mine got the same happening to them.

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:
    Quiet an amazing achievement getting pulled for that. I mean christ you hear rumors and myths but you never expect to meet of someone who's that unlucky.

It was pretty unlucky I'll admit.. We were on one of the benches on that green between the old phys and chem buildings. Had just prepared one and a security guard jumps through the bushes and lynches us..

Advertisement