Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Stomach Competition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

apexaviour wrote:
    It was pretty unlucky I'll admit.. We were on one of the benches on that green between the old phys and chem buildings. Had just prepared one and a security guard jumps through the bushes and lynches us..

Ok I know you. I've seen you about the place. thought I recosnised you from the photo, now I'm sure. You a member of durns?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Boston wrote:
    Ok I know you. I've seen you about the place. thought I recosnised you from the photo, now I'm sure. You a member of durns?

I ain't.

You recognise me? Damn.. ;)
    I put that photo up cos I thought my face was pretty hidden with the hat n beard n such..

btw what made you sure? the ARRESTING bit!? hah :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I was that security Guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

hey apexaviour do people get the sympathy pukes when they see people up on stage puking away??

Boston wrote:
    I was that security Guard.
    Indeed you were my friend. Lucky I said you were sound before eh? ;)

tk123 wrote:
    hey apexaviour do people get the sympathy pukes when they see people up on stage puking away??
    Hmm.. Not that I noticed mate. There are a lot of general Awwws, eeeews and backing off everytime somone spews .

If anyone's interested, that stuff we were downing in the picture was creamed rice with mushy peas, mustard and chocolate syrup stirred in..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭celingfan

With regards to the Iorn stomach that was deadly craic,it was me and apex the final two people looked on with horror as we downed half bottle of vinegar not bad really coverd in my own vomit the crowd cheering at us it was glorious the the final task the cooking oil and tabasco sauce not nice i kocked it back in one then finished apex's then i chased every boby with my puke covered clothes delerious.People know me as that iorn stomach guy
    I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR TO DEFEND THE CROWN AND A REMATCH WITH APEX.

Yes indeed, ceiling fan (dinna worry lad, i be keepin your anonymity). This crowned champ is the chap on the far right in the of whom we can only see one leg. He's bending over no doubt to pick up some more gruesome grub. I'll be right up for that challenge man! :p 'Slong as theres no vinegar, I dunno how you did that, it bloody destroyed me..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

omg... the Iron Stomach Competition...
    Myself and Ronan McGloughlin were asked to put on a TCD rag week event. We were given the choice of a three legged race and a pantomime horse race. If you knew us you'd know we didnt run anywhere dressed up or not... :)

Ronan would eat gross stuff in the soc rooms and the Iron Stomach competition was born. We raised more money for charity then any other event in rag week the first time we held it. Glad to see its still going hahaha

(btw, do anyone have the picture of the year we had them snog a dead sheep's head? Utterly gross!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

(btw, do anyone have the picture of the year we had them snog a dead sheep's head? Utterly gross!)
    hrmm is it even legal to get people to do that?

I'm guessin it consentual.. I mean if you think about it, it's no worse than eatin a bit of dead sheeps leg..

• Advertisement

there is a reason we cook those dead sheeps legs........
    i'm sure u could argue that duress was applied r summit if ye caught some unholy diease

Oh.. I was assuming the head was cooked.

Jeeze, imagine it wasn't... That'd be nasty

ah sure nuffin big if it wuz, i was assuming it was raw , blood everywhere n all dat

I'm not proud to say this but to win i would do a whole lot worse and apex would agree with that,I would like to be in charge of it one year I have a few narly ideas that would turn a few stomachs.To next year hopefully something a bit miore gross this year the last one was a bit too easy to be honest compared to what I'd do

Like when you at that hairy bug-infested THING you found behind the hamo couches... I dunno how u did that man, I had to mentally prepare myself for the Iron Stomach..

if it dont kill me ,then who cares only thing really that i wont touch is seminal fluid of any kind or any excetory products for that matter nearly everything else is fair game

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The sheeps head wasnt cooked. We ended up with a draw and we said he'd give it to the one who did the most impressive snog with it.
    Looking back on it, I dont think I was really a model student.

DeV.

Oh, one year one guy SPEWED all over the dining hall door (we used to hold it on the steps up to the dining hall)... of course the head of my course chose that very next second to walk out into a screaming crowd of people while one guy tried to apologise with puking hanging from his chin.

I dont think I've ever been more happy. I hated that Prof. :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

when should i expect to see all this stuff next yr? is it after christmas?

umm there can be one in freshers week, and one in rag week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

rumour has it scifi soc are planning one for freshers week, so keep an eye out. . .

oh cool ok! thanks :) thatd be a sight to see...

Oh man if they are I'M SO THERE. Me n ceilingfan'll kick ass AGAIN this time.. Come watch us, we have no shame..

Let the vomiting commence lets hope its a bit more vile and putrid so if any of you sifi soc are out there put a bit of thought in to it ie,some fresh cow blood or some testicles of some kind,
    And the finalie i already have something planned it ain't nice i can tell you that ,anyway till then give them some more ideas lets get ther juices flowin make it one to remember,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I think this thread should be merged with the "Trinity officially the best college in the country" Thread :-)

why do you guys enjoy drinking/eating such gross things for fun lol? i cant understand it!

Ah yes the wonder s of college booze agus vomit, don't wonder my young pad a wan you will some day be wise like us all

I hope so lol :D

Just remembered it was the sfsoc that run the iron stomach. Went onto their website and low&behold they got lotsa pickies..

http://www.csc.tcd.ie/~sfsoc/IronStomach2004.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Love the beard, tis teh secksy. :p

Advertisement