Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreigners Problems

Options
  • 05-09-2004 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

I just started a new game as manager of Barcelona for the laugh.

Now I'm hitting a huge problem with regard to foreigners. I'm sold all the members of my first team squad who are non EU except Marquez, Saviola and Ronaldinho. But I still can't sign anymore it keeps saying I have 5. I have Romenbach and Riquelme in the reserves but they're both out on loan and I can't recall and sell them. Does the game count foreigners out on loan as being part of my squad? If so is this right or is it a bug? As far as I know I'm patched to the latest.

Also I keep trying to sell Marquez and I get good offers for him, but always from clubs with too many fúckign foreingers and the deal borks at the end. Has this been patched for or anything. Very very fecking annoying, it's the first time I've managed in Spain so thats why I haven't come across the problems before.

Help please?

Also any way to get rid of a player who's away on loan on an unalterable contract for two years? Hella annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

What about quick-sale for the ones in the reserves? Obviously you're going to make SFA from quick sales, but Barcelona have a fair bit of money anyway. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I ran into this problem and it crippled me.
    It was ages ago so the memory is hazy but it's all non-EU players in both squads counted including those on loan iirc.

So you're stuck with Saviola, Riquelme (on 2nd year of 2 year loan I think), Rochembach (on a 2 year loan), Marquez and Ronaldhinho.

It's not a bug, it's just a poxy rule. And you'll have to wait for those loan contracts to expire I think too. The fact that Rochembach is gone for 2 years makes it all the more annoying.

I remember this really pissed me off because I couldn't sign Chivu. In the end, I managed to offload Marquez to Chelsea at a loss and Saviola gets a dual nationallity at the start of the second season.

Well I found the original thread.
    And as you can see it's stupidly unfair, but you can do nothing about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-133420.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

D'oh!!!

Makes it a touch more interesting I guess. But feck it's going to be tough limited to no more foreigners for this season and maybe next. No Robinho or Lucio for me, had fecking sales agreed for both.

Damn you Romenbach!!!

Even if I get rid of poxy Marquez I still can't sign anyone. Looks like I'll be breaking the bank for Hofland or something.

What do people reckon is the best left footed (or either footed) centre back out there? Hopefully not too old or too expensive.

Mexes is a very good player, and young too.

Maybe you should try playing Oleguer. I never did, but maybe he's good, after all he turned out to be a decent player in real life.

Gallas is another good performer although a bit older and hard to pry away from Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

You'll find that when those players return they will be excellent.

Beside that point, you don't need non-EU players. The EU is the most powerful region in world football......and Barcelona are among the most attractive teams in that region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Makaveli wrote:
    Mexes is a very good player, and young too.

also he has a minimum release clause of £3.1 million very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Have him in my chelski team he gets a 8 rateing pritty much every game class player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Dapper you should sign Matthew Upson, you'll get him for a couple of mil and he's brialliant.

I had him as captain of my Birmingham team for the first 3 seasons, unfortunately I only had a min release clause of 25m and madrid bought him at the start of season 4!

Always update your players contracts...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

oh and if you get over your foreigner issue you should buy supat rungratsamee..

never seems to score over 8 in a game (generally around 7) but every season he breaks the club record for goals scored, yet to score less than 25 in a season with Birmingham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

screw mexes, he's terrible, only plays well when every other player plays well.
    buy lucio, he's the best defender in the game. plus, he has a 10.75million buy out clause

Does Lucio have dual nationallity?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

don't think so... i'm in the middle of a network game, and i've a sale agreed for lucio :) i hope he's as good as you all say he is

Never bought him myself.
    Bit of a useless recommendation to Dapper though if he doesn't have an EU passport.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Alos IF you have foreign coaches or physio it counts towards as well from what I can make out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

thats a ridiculous rule!

i also started a new game as barca.. wishing i'd picked athletico or someone now..stupid rule :(

It's harsh but you can live with it.
    The worst Spanish side to manage, or perhaps the most challenging side, is Atheltic Bilbao. You can only sign Basque players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

[OffTopic]

Lucio is awesome alright, but if you have the latest patches he's with Bayern and he'll cost u about 60m... assuming they agree to sell, which they usually don't 'cos they're rich anyway. If he's still with Leverkusen you're laughing... get him for under 15m.

Ujfalusi is an excellent DC too, 15m min release clause from HSV. Well worth it.

Søren Christensen is also awesome in my game, but I get the feeling it's a -1 ability fluke rather than him always turning out so good.

Rah.

Advertisement