Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We're so ethical you just have to worship us

• 06-09-2004 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed that lots of companies are doing this uber-ethical, we-save-Thai-child-prostitutes-from-lives-of-despair-on-our-lunchbreak marketing thing these days.

Do I really need to know that my shampooo was made by Gregory who has a passion for exotic butterfllies on the 9th of August? Or that each and every sandwich-maker working for some company is encouraged to find the meaning of life as they grate the cheese? Shouldn't ethics be about more than reading some fluffy platitudes on the labels of your smoothie?

Will we get a revolt against this stuff and end up with products produced causing maximum pollution and discomfort to workers for people with more sadistic tendencies? (Well, I suppose there's already the main sports gear manufacturers for that). And what's the story with companies who offer a choice between "ethical" products and the same product not labelled as such? Isn't that like admitting that you screw your workers over for the latter?

Does any one else think this fad is a bit annoying?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

yes, it gets DAMM annoying....

shut up, hurry up, and get my coffee, without telling me how your company insists on paying so much to the coffee famers, I DONT CARE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep the faux tree-hugging PC advertising slant is a pain but I guess a focus group told them this new-age approach works...(yeah right!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

mike65 wrote:
    Yep the faux tree-hugging PC advertising slant is a pain but I guess a focus group told them this new-age approach works...(yeah right!)

Mike.

faux in what way, care to post an advertisement and evidence showing its tree huggieness is fake, or are you just attempting faux hip cynicism :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't like getting told that a company gives lots of money to charity as, as far as I know (as overload) charitable donations are tax deductable. Or am I misunderstanding the implications of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

they are in the US, don't think the same applies here, though could be wrong, even so, regardless of the intent, at least the money is going somewhere it's needed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Fair trade coffee is piss, I much prefer the slave-made stuff.

Advertisement