Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Light alignment garage needed (Limerick)

Options
  • 06-09-2004 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

Nice easy question hopefully.

Need lights aligned for the auld test. While I realise I might be just as well finding a blank wall and driving the car up to it before hand-adjusting the lights, I'd probably save time by getting someone in a garage to do it properly before those nasty people refuse me my NCT cert. my lights are rather badly aligned at the moment you see. That guy coming at you with one bulb that looks brighter than the other? It's probably me.

Preferences: quick, cheap and in Limerick. Especially the cheap bit, I'll be eating corned beef all week rather than my usual sirloin so I can pay the 48 nicker for the NCT. Need to pay car tax so I can go to the IOFFL EGM on Saturday (car tax overdue, /slaps wrist), need NCT for car tax, you get the drill. Competent would be good too I suppose. Did I mention cheap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

i got mine done for the nct back in may (in dublin) and only cost €20 !

and i passed ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Yay you.

<coughs>
    Didn't tell us where though. And was it in the Limerick area?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

I got mine done at "Henry Street Garage", on the corner of, er, Henry Street and O'Curry Street. 061 411650
    Still failed the NCT, front side lights amber instead of white. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

sceptre wrote:
    Yay you.

<coughs>
    Didn't tell us where though. And was it in the Limerick area?

Dublin !

FT77 wrote:
    i got mine done for the nct back in may (in dublin) and only cost €20 !

and i passed ! :D

Browne Motors Tallaght !

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

usually any half decent tyre centre or local garage will have the kit to do this!!

usually only a tenner round my parts!!

I've had 2 cars fail nct on only headlight alignment in the past!!

this is why I found out the prices locally cos I'm not lettin it happen a third time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

sceptre wrote:
    , need NCT for car tax,

Do you ? News to me :) Havent had any problems getting taxed without my nct

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

_sheep wrote:
    Do you ? News to me :) Havent had any problems getting taxed without my nct

actully you're right you don't need nct for tax anymore it was like that in the beginning but there was too many people gettin done for no tax while waitin on cars to pass test and it was done away with!!

Advertisement