Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dodgeball

• 06-09-2004 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

Saw Dodgeball the other yeserday (well day before yesterday. 1am now), and I though it was hilarious. It doesn't even try to pretend that it takes place in the real world. What did anyone else think?

2 words: beaver tranquiliser :):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

I thought it was excellent. "Your about as useful as a c0ck flavoured lollipop"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I thought that it was really good. Not one of my favorite films ever but still really good. I thought that Rip Thorn was really good in it. ANd the Girl Scout on steroids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I liked it. Was quite good.

Pirates own. "BOLL**KS!!" :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Had its funny moments, but overall I didn't like it.

Not a scratch on Zoolander, IMO.

Anchorman should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

1 or 2 funnies, generally crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Big fan of the stiller/vaughn/wilson combo (or part thereof as is sometimes the case) but was really disappointed with this. As Plazz said, it was crap next to Zoolander, and Starsky and Hutch too for that matter. The laughs were very unsophiticated and the whole thing was cheesier than it needed to be. Granted, any light comedy like that dealing with sport and underdogs is bound to be predictable, so criticising it on those grounds seems a bit futile. We all know how it's going to end, but the challenge is to mix it up and make it as enertaining as possible along the way. I cringed my way through parts of this. Worth a look if you're not doing anything but don't expect it to match its predecessors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Thought it was crap also. Some slight funny moments. i thought it tried to be like zoolander too in ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i really enjoyed it i have to say. nearly wet meself when patches o hoolihan started throwing wrenches about the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

azezil wrote:
    1 or 2 funnies, generally crap

agreed very dissapointing, not enough laughs, most of the laughs are in the ad

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

roxy wrote:
    Big fan of the stiller/vaughn/wilson combo (or part thereof as is sometimes the case) but was really disappointed with this. As Plazz said, it was crap next to Zoolander, and Starsky and Hutch too for that matter.
    Uh huh. Definetely nowhere near those two movies (speaking of which, Zoolander is cheap on play so I'll pick up a copy). I think Vaughn didn't work in this role as a comedy lead. He can't hack it here because he's playing the role too straight when set against Stiller's wackiness. He also doesn't enjoy the same comedic chemistry that Stiller and Wilson have. Wilson in this movie would certainly have helped.
    Granted, any light comedy like that dealing with sport and underdogs is bound to be predictable, so criticising it on those grounds seems a bit futile. We all know how it's going to end, but the challenge is to mix it up and make it as enertaining as possible along the way. I cringed my way through parts of this.
    Well yes there is the basic formula that they didn't remotely come close to subverting. Having said that there were a few humorous moments along the day - the two commentators, for example or the retro 50s video (although who didn't expect to hear "Hi, I'm Troy McClure" when watching that one...).

It's reasonably decent but then I'm easier on movies since I'm spending time seeing them and not money as such (well the flat rate fee). Just expect to forget the movie when you walk out of the theatre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

there was an awful lot of jokes that where like

"ah Im just kidding, but seriously Im not"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

saw this a fortnight ago, funnies movie I'e seen this summer.

only 7 people in the cinema at 11.30pm and I was lmfao through the entire movie.

very good indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

It's well worth going to see, I reckon. Not as good as Zoolander, but easily as much fun as Starsky and Hutch.

And Anchorman is great by the way, I'd highly recommend it!

Advertisement