Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting IPaq to Broadband

Options
  • 06-09-2004 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I've got eircom Broadband and I've set it up wirelessly between two PCs and I'm trying to get my iPaq connected to it as well with the ipaq wireless card.

I keep getting "This page cannot be found" all the time. It does pick up the signal alright and it looks like it connects to the wireless setup in the house but browsing doesn't work. I know there is an issue with this type of message where you can run the welcome.exe to fix it but I've tried that and no joy.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if running Windows Mobile 2003 check: Start Menu, Settings, Connections (Tab), Connections (Icon), Advanced (Tab), Network Card (Button)

Where it says "My network card connects to:" try selecting "The Internet" from the drop down list and see if that makes a difference.

It's in a different location in Pocket PC 2002 (not as deep) but you see that drop down list it in the main Connections screen at the bottom.

Otherwise the likes of VxUtil will help in checking you are being assigned IPs to help troubleshoot etc...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

thanks - I'll give it a try later on. At work now.
    I think I did try the Internet option alright and it made no difference plus the IP address was different so I assigned it a static one which didn't work.

I'll give that VxUtil a try to see if it'll help fix it.

Thanks - I'll let you know how I get on.

Advertisement