Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizons in pretty big trouble

• 06-09-2004 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

Its seems the Artifact Entrainment is unable to pay its bills and has filed legal papers under Chapter 11 as its creditors are starting to get pretty serious about collecting there debts. This means that new content, bug fixes and other MMORPG type additions to the game wont be coming anytime soon.

Maybe when these clowns go under, enough developer will cop onto the fact that players will just not put up with sub standard games any more :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

Hopefully other MMORPG developers take note.

With so much competition out there, games need to constantly develop and entice current and new players. They managed to get a months (or 3, don't remember now) subscription out of me but that was that, the shiny paint wore off rapidly. I can't stand playing in empty worlds/sinking ships, ORPG would have been more appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Venom wrote:
    Its seems the Artifact Entrainment is unable to pay its bills and has filed legal papers under Chapter 11 as its creditors are starting to get pretty serious about collecting there debts. This means that new content, bug fixes and other MMORPG type additions to the game wont be coming anytime soon.

Maybe when these clowns go under, enough developer will cop onto the fact that players will just not put up with sub standard games any more :)

first this and also dragon empires has been cancelled. WHich makes sense really. Aren't there enough PvE fest EQ clones out there already?

The mmorpg devs need to realise this and stop just trying to reproduce whats already out there with slightly different graphics and nomenclature.

Large faction based PvP is where the future lies, ala DAOC, but without the time sink expansions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

Memnoch wrote:
    first this and also dragon empires has been cancelled. WHich makes sense really. Aren't there enough PvE fest EQ clones out there already?

The mmorpg devs need to realise this and stop just trying to reproduce whats already out there with slightly different graphics and nomenclature.

Large faction based PvP is where the future lies, ala DAOC, but without the time sink expansions :)

I agree 100% re the large faction pvp, its a pity about Dragon Empires there was some really good ideas in it, Im frankly amazed its canceled, as for Horizions, well I wont be sad to see it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 P45

Venom wrote:

When they downsized pre-christmas last year, with loads of the game content still missing, was when I started to call it quits. Faulty goods, no dynamic opponent, no flying dragons! I do feel sorry for honest folks at AE, but others... i personally couldn't give a toss about. One thing's for sure, if I see Mr. Bowman directly, or even indirectly, involved with any future MMORPG's I'll be steering(sp?) well clear!

It would be nice to think that E&B, HZ, DE, etc, are a wakeup call to developers/publishers, but I doubt it. It'll still be up to the individual players to make the call, as usual, on sub-standard crap.

Don't believe the hype, or GAL. :cool:

Advertisement